Cup increase when milk comes in

Options
Erinthebodo
Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
Hi ladies- Just wondering, how much of a cup increase did you have when your milk came in? Also did you have a big event when your milk came in or was it just small tingles? Thanks!

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I just felt super engorged, and my boobs were spilling out of my DD bra. It settles, though. I still get full when I go a while without feeding on or pumping a particular side, but I usually only experience that overnight (and if both sides are that way, I'll pump after feeding in the AM to relieve the non-feeding side). My boobs fit back into my DD nursing bras. Typically I am a D, and when I was at my low weight I was somewhere between a C and a D. (They deflated a lot with weight loss and were really sad.)
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    When all was said and done (2 weeks after milk came in), I actually went down a bra size. But I had increased a lot during pregnancy. Pre-pregnancy, I was a 34D. After the first trimester, I was a 38DDD. And two weeks after delivering, when I got measured for a bra, I was a 36DD. I was super-duper happy, as I was afraid I was going to get even bigger after my milk came in.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Also, according to my experience, you will definitely know when your milk comes in. I was insanely engorged. My husband was like, "WHOA!" I think it might have been a bit painful too, but it was competing with other pains at that point (nipple soreness and C-section stuff), so I can't really remember exactly what it felt like.
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Last time when my milk came in I didn't increase and was worried that it was super abnormal. I also didn't have this large event like some women describe, I just had tingles and then over the next couple of days became very engorged. I am also at the end of the current bra size (already up one since started the pregnancy) and I was trying to decide if I should buy a new bra that is a nursing bra of just a regular one because I might have another increase when the milk comes in. Sounds like I could buy a nursing one and then if it doesn't fit.... no loss.
  • Annahasababy
    Annahasababy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I drank a beer which I never do bc I heard the yeast causes your milk to come in. Within two hours I was leaking everywhere. That's how I knew my milk came in. I would say its not really bigger but HARD and square boobs lol.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Ha, square boobs! I was just thinking that while checking myself out in the mirror before my shower today. I'd just fed on my left side, so I had one sad boob and one square boob :-p
  • Annahasababy
    Annahasababy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    LOL yeah, thats when I know baby need to eat: they are square and hard like bricks :)
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It happened over the course of a day. I work up with normal big boobs and by dinner time, I had Pamela Anderson's boobs. And they were full and tingly.

They still get tingly when I haven't nursed/pumped in a while.

You'll also be able to tell because you'll be able to hear your baby swallow much more loudly than before.