What kind of Elliptical do you have? Would you recommend it?

Options
2»

Replies

• HoneyRiot
    HoneyRiot Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I bought a cheap ($600, if that's cheap, I don't know, but it's expensive to me.) elliptical from Walmart. The ProForm 600 ZNE. I like it a lot. Granted the electronics leave something to be desired, but it is good enough for me. Of course the calories are way, way off..LOL. The machine doesn't ask for weight/age etc. However, mechanically, it feels and glides like some of the $1500 machines I've been on. I am seriously pleasantly surprised at how nice it is.

It has built-in speakers which sound decent and a built-in fan which is okay, but I still need another fan on me when on the elliptical. The readings are a nice layout and there is plenty of programmed workouts to choose from. There's also an iFit live service available, but I hear that there are really bad issues with the service right now, so I am going to skip that until they get it all fixed.

The only bad thing is the heart rate monitor - it's really jumpy. I have to stand perfectly still for 15 - 30 seconds just to get an accurate reading. But, I'd rather have the excuse to go buy a Polar HRM anyways. :bigsmile:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It's not really mine. It's the gym's. I love their Precor EFX. It's comfortable. It has a variety of workouts and resistance levels. It glides very well.
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    I have a Audiostrider 800
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    It's a norditrack Audiostrider 800
  • kittycollins7
    kittycollins7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i have the sole E35, and love it. its a little expensive, but i feel like its worth the money. i work strange hours so having the machine at home is great for me. it was a little pain to get it put together and it heavy, but i don't have any problems with it and i have had it for 6 months.
  • kdew2
    kdew2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just got a new elliptical for my home gym and I love it! This is the one that I got:

http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_-1_10301_12401_19053_181319
  • lvnaris
    lvnaris Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the Schwin 431. I've had it for a little over 2 yrs. and it's gotten a little noisy (which goes away after I get it going), but I've read that I just need to oil the wheel. Aside from that, it's smooth, comfortable, and sturdy.
  • geerunz
    geerunz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of / used a Yowza elliptical before? Opinions, thoughts? Looking into purchasing one for home use.
    I have a Yowza (Sanibel, I thinK) I did so much research before I bought it. It was a little higher priced then I wanted to spend, but you get what you pay for. I love the core work feature. Unfortunately I don't use it as much as I should since I finally got my husband to join the gym :bigsmile:

I would recommend this brand to anyone. It's a good quality solid product. It shipped/arrived quickly. My husband had it put together in a few hours. I also seperately purchased a book rack from them that didn't fit. I called customer service, they refunded my money an told me to keep the rack (fits perfectly on my treadmill). Overall experience with Yowza has been fantastic.
  • wmbrett
    wmbrett Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have the LifeFitness X5 elliptical crosstrainer (bought it new about 8 years ago). http://www.fitnessequipmentbuffs.com/index.php/life-fitness-x5/

It was a great clothes hanger for years, but my wife and I have really put it to use this year, and it's fantastic. We bought it around 2005, and love it - very sturdy, reliable, and so far no maintenance issues. If you get an opportunity to buy a used one, jump on it, it works really well. There are newer models available, but they retail for around $3,500 - and I have not tried them.
  • jenjune42014
    jenjune42014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've had my baby for 15 years. It's manual no real bells and whistles but then power outages don't hurt it. I can change the resistance and it keeps accurate track of mileage and repetitions and it really helps me lose weight and firm up when I use it. Oh, it's a Proform 485e. In great condition.
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have a Livestrong. I don't know if they still sell them, given Lance's problems. However, it does work well. So far, no problems. I've had it for slightly over a year. I use it 4-5 times per week at 30-60 minutes a session.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    We bought a Schwinn from Walmart last February (around $300) when we were both well over 250 lbs. It's starting to squeak a little, but my husband and I have put well over 1000 miles on it, I'm sure. Added a Schwinn recumbent stationary bike in July. Both work well and give us a good workout every morning. Hubbie dropped 100 lbs between January and June, and is maintaining. I've lost 84 lbs in that time with another 24 to go. Except for weights (for me), the elliptical has been our main workout.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I bought and recently had delivered a NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial elliptical. One of the reasons that we got it because of it's "Best Buy" rating on Treadmill Doctor (http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/nordictrack-a-c-t-commercial-elliptical-review-2014) in it's price range. With the sale plus a coupon, we paid $860. Also, this model has an adjustable stride length which is a must for my kids to be able to use it. I'm a runner and while I'm experienced at running outdoors and on treadmills, I had very little elliptical experience. One huge difference from a treadmill is the sound. This elliptical is very quite. It's nice. Very smooth. The workmanship seems solid and I expect years of good service out of it. We've had a spell of arctic weather so when it's 10 degrees and icy, it has been nice to just hop on! One minor nit: the fan is pretty worthless. You get the feeling it was put on merely for marketing purposes. It seems like a fan a computer would use. Nice to blow air across a warm motherboard, but not put out nearly the volume or velocity needed to cool down a person actually using the equipment. And if the fan is on, forgot what I said about this machine being quite. The fan is severely under-powered and loud. You are better off putting a small fan on the floor and pointing it up at you if needed. All in all though, I love this machine. If my opinion on it changes, I will comment back on this post.

http://www.nordictrack.com/fitness/en/NordicTrack/Ellipticals/act-elliptical
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Matrix elliptical
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Tunturi C60 - they don't even make them anymore. I got one about 8 years ago. It is great!! Had it in the shop a couple of years ago and it cost $150 to fix. I use it mainly in the winter when it's too cold outside to walk. I had to use the treadmill for a year in between maintenance and did not like it at all.
  • JenMeltsAway
    JenMeltsAway Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I got the Nordictrack Commercial XM. I love it, the cooling system is awesome I've used a lot of them in the past but this one has been the most comfy.
  • kikstand
    kikstand Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    golds gym elliptical trainer 595 and it's the only one I've used. The wife got it used from a friend.
    I like it and the 14 different workout settings. Would be cool if they kept up over 30 minutes. I find my second wind around 40-45 minutes. Maybe I'm not running fast enough?