Nursing tops

Options
RBXChas
RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
Does anyone have suggestions for good nursing tops and/or pajamas? I have a couple of maternity/nursing nightgowns from Motherhood that are good but weren't cheap. I love the easy access they give. When dressed, it's really annoying to have to pull my whole shirt up and tuck it under my armpits. Two days ago I wore a dress and nearly pulled a muscle trying to pull it down from the top (not sure what I was thinking). I'd like to get a few pieces but don't want to spend a lot since I don't intend to have more babies or to be this size for very long (meaning I might need to buy smaller tops later).

Thank you!

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I've just been sleeping in a nursing sleep bra, makes for easy night nursing, plus I get too hot wearing much more than that.

When it was colder I just wore a robe over my nursing bra and untied it before sitting down to nurse. I also had a nightgown that buttoned down the front, that was pretty handy. I got it in the old lady section of a department store on clearance for $5. My husband hated that thing, but it was sure functional!

I gave up on nursing tops during the day after Max was about a month old, so I'm not much help there. I just wear a tank top and pull it up to feed the little guy.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I got a few nursing tanks from Target - Bravado I think, and they were around $25 each maybe? I've been wearing them for 6 months and like them!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I've just been wearing a nursing bra under my nightgown , or a shelf tank/shorts. I also wear a nursing bra under a shelf tank when I'm out, sometimes with a light button down shirt opened up over it so I have very little exposure while bfing.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! Button-downs might be a good option. I have shelf bra tanks but don't think they'll work yet (I need to lose more weight still to fit into those). I always wear a nursing bra (except at night), but having to work from the bottom up with shirts is such a pain! I'm not nursing in public, so easy access is more important to me than coverage.

I looked on Walmart earlier, and their selection is limited, plus it's only so good and not what I would consider inexpensive!

I'll check out Old Navy and maybe see if there's any clearance stuff at Motherhood. The upside is that summer stuff is starting to go on sale to make room for fall clothes, and because of where I live I can make do with summer clothes for most of the year.

Thanks again!
  • MermaidMY
    MermaidMY Posts: 8
    Options
    To bed I wear a target nursing tank or a stretchy tank over an ahh bra. For out and about I usually wear a shirt over a stretchy tank. It does not bother me to bunch my shirt and I like the tummy coverage of the tank and boob coverage of the shirt. My nursing cover gets hot. I have a few nursing pieces and I hate most of them. The holes are weird or they just don't fit right.
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I found some great ones at Target. It's their Gilligan & O'Malley line and everything is super comfy and stretches plenty to pull down for feedings. This one: http://www.target.com/p/gilligan-o-malley-women-s-racerback-sleep-tank-assorted-colors/-/A-14316222#prodSlot=large_1_9 Hits me mid-thigh (and I'm 6'0") and is great. There are also some cute nursing tanks in the same line if you browse around. :smile:
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Don't forget sites like ebay - I got all my maternity stuff there this time around and will likely do the same for nursing clothes. If you have patience and time you can get good quality stuff so cheap!
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I just got tops with low cut v-necks or button down tops.. at goodwill :) (For night time I got a couple of nightgowns with buttons in the front that I just leave open) they work great and they are not maternity. For my daytime feedings I bought some dollar store tank tops, cut/seamed them off just below my bust and I wear them under my low cut v-neck shirts, so I can pull my shirt down over my boob, and lift the tank top bottom just a bit to breastfeed, it makes the perfect cover for nursing and I like the look of my shirts, they are just normal nice tops. I don't wear a bra at night but I have some nursing bras for day time.
  • Kitssu
    Kitssu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just wear nursing sleep bra's I got from Target. Twenty bucks for two and so far they are holding up pretty well. Also, when I'm half asleep they are very easy to pull off the breast then cover back up. I hardly think at all when I get up in the middle of the night.