Calories

Options
AmIhealthyyet
AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
Just wondering what most of you are setting your calories at for the challenge? I plan on keeping mine at 1200 and not eat my exercise calories back. However I will have one meal a week that I don't count calories or obsess about! What are YOUR plans!

Replies

• healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to around 1400 and not eating my exercise calories back. I just started so I'm going to play around with the calories, like I did when I was on weight watchers (only I played with my points).
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My calories are at 1300 and I eat all my exercise calories back...so far, so good.
  • crystalynnb
    crystalynnb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my calories are 1200 and when i feel like i need to i eat my exercise calories back.

i think i need some more carbs though....im crashing after workouts
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200, sometimes go over but I think as long as I'm under 1500 then I'm happy. I usually only eat back exercise calories to net 1200. The only thing I plan on doing for this challenge is upping my exercise.
  • jgarrett731
    jgarrett731 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have 1360 calories a day but if I am not hungry after dinner and have made it to 1200 then I will not eat more. I eat back calories from exercise if I'm hungry but since I usually exercise at night after the kids are in bed I'm usually really tired and don't feel like eating, just sleeping. I plan to up my exercise to twice a day for at least 45-60 minutes. I try to walk more with my fitbit. I would LOVE to lose my weight by NYE but if I do not then at least I'll have a good start. My goal is by the summer of 2015 (which is totally doable, of course but I don't want to rush- i want a lifestyle change) when we go on our 5 year anniversary cruise!
  • Sarahkoolkatkitty
    Sarahkoolkatkitty Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My calories are set at 1290, which is what MFP set me at to lose 2 lbs per week. I go over sometimes (a lot) though so I am trying to be better about only eating things I actually log...ahem. I'm also not eating back exercise calories, but if I'm starving or something special is going on I'm going to eat. I really am determined to follow through with this. :smile:
  • kh965
    kh965 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try to stay between 1200 - 1500 depending on what type of workouts I have done. I also track on weight watchers and my point level usually puts me around 1200 each day if I don't eat my exercise or weekly bonus points.
  • Ben_Avery
    Ben_Avery Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine is only 700, , but I'm doing that in conjunction with a dietician and doctor. I would not recommend that unless you have a specific diet plan you all have agreed to and it's monitored.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm focusing on high fat/low carb so I'm not really looking at calories, but I average 1400 or less usually. HFLC keeps me pretty full so I don't eat as much and when I only count calories.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    I'm focusing on high fat/low carb so I'm not really looking at calories, but I average 1400 or less usually. HFLC keeps me pretty full so I don't eat as much and when I only count calories.

When I eat this way I feel my best! To prevent binges though I have decided all food is OK if it falls within my calories. Ideally I like to keep my carbs below 50 grams, fat and protein above 100 each.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

When I eat this way I feel my best! To prevent binges though I have decided all food is OK if it falls within my calories. Ideally I like to keep my carbs below 50 grams, fat and protein above 100 each.

Other than the extreme dry mouth, I feel wonderful. My belly bloat has gone down a huge amount since I cut out all grains. I've only been eating LCHF this time (I done it a few times in the past) for 2 weeks this coming friday.
  • kinzerbud
    kinzerbud Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping my calories between 1200 and 1300 and I don't eat my exercise calories back. I work out for an hour twice a day, primarily on the elliptical because I broke my ankle twice and have a bit of hardware in there that limits my range of motion and makes most other cardio options difficult. Love my elliptical! :love:
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Still at the beginning of my journey but I plan on keeping at 1200. Like a couple of others, I include all foods as long as I stay in my calorie range. If I cut out too much the I will get off track and I don't want that. Everything in moderation! Haven't starting much of an exercise plan yet so I'll decide what to do with any extra calories when I start to earn them! Good luck everyone!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Reading everyone's reply makes me feel like the glutton here. ::pouts:: I've had to reset my calories to the TDEE - %, or else I'd NEVER be able to eat back my exercise calories! I'm set (right now) at 2300, but I'm not sure that's going to stay. I might have to bump it back up towards the 2500 mark once the school semester starts again because I'll be in the gym every day (either lifting for an hour minimum, or swimming for a couple of hours, or both.)

Because of a medical condition, I have to eat low carb/ high fat. (And, no cycling. ::Cries::) So, hoping this mental rebellion I've been dealing with goes away SOON!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Eek....my calories are at 1880, before exercise. I have it set 1.5 lose a week.
    The past few days I've en under that,....but misty because I have been getting up later than normal.
  • AmIhealthyyet
    Options
    Reading everyone's reply makes me feel like the glutton here. ::pouts:: I've had to reset my calories to the TDEE - %, or else I'd NEVER be able to eat back my exercise calories! I'm set (right now) at 2300, but I'm not sure that's going to stay. I might have to bump it back up towards the 2500 mark once the school semester starts again because I'll be in the gym every day (either lifting for an hour minimum, or swimming for a couple of hours, or both.)

Because of a medical condition, I have to eat low carb/ high fat. (And, no cycling. ::Cries::) So, hoping this mental rebellion I've been dealing with goes away SOON!

Haha, I have tried everything under the sun. I realize a plateau is likely to happen and I won't have calorie wiggle room however I am hoping increasing exercise helps through those times!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Haha, I have tried everything under the sun. I realize a plateau is likely to happen and I won't have calorie wiggle room however I am hoping increasing exercise helps through those times!

Increased exercise works to a point. Everyone is different, however, where that point is. Since I know this is the long haul, and the exercise habits I establish NOW will be with me forever after, I'm trying NOT to make marathon gym days part of the habit. I just can't seem to figure out how to get out of the gym in under two hours any more. Unless I cut out my swims after lifting, or I cut my cardio days short. Neither option really makes me smile, so I'm still playing with the schedule.
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mine is set for 1350. It has worked for me. Almost down 50lbs since last year. Sometimes I eat my work out calories back. Just depends if I am hungry or not. I do have cheat days also.
  • _skinnydreaming
    Options
    my calorie goal is 1200 but I don't eat back my exercise calories so my net is usually around 1000.
    it's been unusually hot lately, and I think my body's been retaining water weight, so I'm planning on drinking LOTS of extra water. :)
  • bobbi_1028
    bobbi_1028 Posts: 27
    Options
    Just wondering what most of you are setting your calories at for the challenge? I plan on keeping mine at 1200 and not eat my exercise calories back. However I will have one meal a week that I don't count calories or obsess about! What are YOUR plans!

The "MFP" has me set @ 1,960 but I never get their and I have calories left over.