Welcome Everyone !

Options
mommy_hood
mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
I really wanted to make a group like this because I know that sometimes posting on a bigger board things get lost as well as our concerns and excitement. What I want to see on this group-

I want to see excitement, happiness, support, and pictures !!!

This is a place where we will be able to post bump pics, food pics, health tips, weight loss/gain updates, exercises, ultrasounds, concerns, and updates about our New Year, Love Bug, and Saint Patrick's Babies.

Other mothers who feel they are close enough to this months are more than welcome to join but I wanted this group to be able keep up with others who are close to me in pregnancy and can see how they are doing !

I encourage everyone to write a first post About Me and let us get to know a little about everyone !

Replies

• Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello! EDD 3/5/13 here, per my doctor and LMP, but I calculated it as 3/2/14 since I know the conception date (heehee). Looking forward to a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hello all! First off I am due February 1st, 2014 with my second child. My son is 7 years old. So yes, I am restarting the clock to freedom! LOL

My name is Amber I am 30 years old, happily married and live in Channahon, IL. Channa-what? You may ask just consider it outside of Joliet we are a SW suburb of Chicago. I gave the option to my husband to have one. My son is with a ex whom I never married but it was a bad relationship and my son considers the hubs his dad and you wouldnt know the wiser.

I gained 87 pounds with my son and trying my hardest not to let that happen again. However, this is a different situation then what I was in before. So yeah I am working out. Or at least just started to cause I have been experiencing some major fatigue.

Well, I don't want to bore you all with all the details but I am looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Feel free to add me!
  • HollyAnn_
    HollyAnn_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Thank you for starting this group!! I like this sooo much better. I want to get to know you all, and like you said, really encourage and be of actual help to someone.

I'm due Jan 6. 15w3d. This is my fourth pregnancy, I'll be 25 when peanut is here. My doctor visits are kinda funny, she does all her things, blood pressure, temp, heart beat, etc. then ask if I have any questions, or concerns, then we both laugh, I say nope, nothing new for me! But I remember the first! I was 18 so I knew nothing lol. So I do sympathize with you first timers :)

I have an appointment the second week of August then we will schedule my sonogram!! and we will find out the gender!!! Can't wait!!! We have two boys, with a girl in the middle. The older two will both be in school so just me and my "crazy baby" at home this fall.

So looking forward to helping each other through this...

speaking of help, what are you all doing for workouts? I've just kinda been walking a lot and doing 2-5 pound weight exercises, but I would like to have something more structured.
  • mommy_hood
    Options
    Holly Ann I am starting an Exercise Topic for you so you can have one location to get the help you are looking for ! I am interested as in some structure as well once I start 2nd trimester !
  • mommy_hood
    Options
    Hello !

I am due February 7th I have two beautiful daughters and this is my 3rd pregnancy ! My husband is really wanting a boy and this pregnancy is so different from my last two so something tells me he might get his wish !!

I have no idea what I gained with my first two pregnancies I did not really keep up with health things back then I am sad to say...

I know my first appointment being pregnant with my first I was 186 and that is really all I know and that was over 8 years ago... I started on myfitnesspal at 242 lbs Mid-March this year and got down to 225 Mid-late May before becoming pregnant with this one... so I am doing my best to keep the weight on this one healthy.

I have two daughters 11 months apart. I gave birth to my first daughter in June 2005 and did not know I was pregnant with my second daughter until almost december... she was born in May 2006 so this pregnancy is almost like starting over for me !

I am so excited to have everyone here and ready to enjoy all the stories !
  • santabarbaramomma
    santabarbaramomma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm due 3/11/14!

This will be my second child, I have a 16 month old baby girl.

Thanks for starting this group.
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!! Thanks for starting this group, what a great idea. I'm due Jan 28th but I have a sneaking suspicion that baby will be a bit late and come in February.

This is my first time so I really don't know what to expect and would love any and all advice from those who are already mommies! I was in a good place weight wise (129-130 at 5' 2) before I got pregnant and I'm hoping to gain reasonably through out.

Both my husband and I are pretty nervous, he keeps asking me to hurry up with the baby making, he can't take the suspense! We're also excited though to add to our little family. Tomorrow is my second ultrasound (13 weeks) and I can't wait to see the little bean again :)
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm due March 15! This is my first baby, but 3rd prgnancy (have had 2 recent miscarriages). Am hoping this is a sticky baby. I'm 5w4d today. Great idea to start this group!!
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Moon dust - our story is so similar! I also have had 2 miscarriages. Hubs and I are excited but cautious with this pregnancy (through IVF). Expected due date is March 12th. We can't wait to hear a heartbeat to ease some of our fears! Glad I found this group. I would love some support and encouragement. I'm trying not to worry about weight but have already gained 12 lbs of fluid in one week from a mild case of OHSS.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am due end of Feb but realistically expecting a March baby.

I have a 19 month old and 7yo, both boys.

I gained 50+ pounds in previous pregnancies and my goal for this one is to keep it under 40. I'm almost 9 weeks along and off to a pretty good start, since in the past all I could keep down was cake/cracker/pretzel/tortilla chip types of foods, and the only way I kept from feeling like barf was to keep food in my stomach... this time I feel like the cravings are under control and my activity level is definitely higher. With my first pregnancy, I would just come home from work and sleep until it was time to go to work again :( My second pregnancy, I hit my highest weight ever, and I'm still not at goal weight, but I don't think I'll have as much work to do when I start losing again.
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I also have had two recent early miscarriages- third time's the charm, right??

I am currently 12w1d with my first, started this pregnancy at 202 (8 weeks weight- I am 5'4"), and haven't lost/gained since. I have been super busy this summer though and truly have not been eating as healthily as I should, vacationing is hard on the diet!

My little babe is super cute, today I saw it squiggling around during my NT scan appt. I saw it in 2D and 3D so it was pretty amazing! Everything looks good! Sonographer even thinks it is a girl- trying not to get too excited though, I know it is super early.

Lot's of acne here, never had it as a kid/teen. It is a bummer too- I don't want to look like a teenager when I go back to school in August! I teach high school biomedical sciences classes =)
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I also have had two recent early miscarriages- third time's the charm, right??

I am currently 12w1d with my first, started this pregnancy at 202 (8 weeks weight- I am 5'4"), and haven't lost/gained since. I have been super busy this summer though and truly have not been eating as healthily as I should, vacationing is hard on the diet!

My little babe is super cute, today I saw it squiggling around during my NT scan appt. I saw it in 2D and 3D so it was pretty amazing! Everything looks good! Sonographer even thinks it is a girl- trying not to get too excited though, I know it is super early.

Lot's of acne here, never had it as a kid/teen. It is a bummer too- I don't want to look like a teenager when I go back to school in August! I teach high school biomedical sciences classes =)

I'm a teacher too! Don't you just love summer holidays!
  • crell504
    crell504 Posts: 10
    Options
    EDD March 14, 2013, and I'm a first timer....so nervous right now, but ready at the same time. I was 11ilbs into my weight loss with 40 more to go....what I hope is to have a healthy pregnancy and you guys can help keep me encouraged an motivated. Thanks for starting this group.
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you for inviting me! Im 13 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby #7 , I have also had 2 losses. I havent told too many people yet because of that. I will start telling after the next doc visit. I had just gotten to my goal and got pg!! of course ;) I have to eat constently or Im super nauseated. I haven't been able to workout until this week and Im so glad to be back at it.. Even if its not as fierce as Im used to. I was training for a half marathon but thats out til next yr! I do hope to do the color run in October but that Im waiting to see! My starting weight with this pg was 128 and I'm currently at 135, 7 lb gain... trying to sat at 35 .. last 2 pg's I was able to stay at 37lb! which is good fo rme . my body likes to gain 50!!! Good to meet you gals!
    OH my EDD 01/20
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :) My EDD is 2/1 and it's my 3rd pregnancy. Lost a baby at 23 weeks last year due to 'chromosomal abnormalities' that weren't ever really assigned to one certain problem. I'm having an integrated screen this time around, on 7/26. Has anyone else had one of these? I've googled it a lot and I think it's just a couple blood tests and an early sonogram to measure everything, but I'd love to hear a first-hand account of what someone experienced.
    Anyhoo, I'm excited to see the little guy/gal on the screen soon!!
    Congrats to everyone and I'm excited to be joining this group :)
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Mandy. I am 28 years old and 12w2d along with baby #1!

Hubby and I tried for about 21 months (used fertility meds that gave me awful side effects) for this baby. I had started counseling for IF-related depression and asked for a refill of the meds a week before we found out. We are so excited! Baby was conceived around April 29th so my EDD is January 27th, 2014.

I went to maternity pants at 5w with a visible bump around 6 or 7w. Right now I look about 20w according to some of the OB nurses at the hospital where I work. It's amazing how a baby bump changes things! I love it!

I am 5'5" and was about 199 when I got pg. I got up to about 202 and am back to 199.5 now. Doing fairly well considering the food I have been eating...baby loves cheeseburgers!

Having a bit of nausea and a lot of exhaustion. The heat wave is not helping either one right now. I just recently started to tackle the housework that has been piling up since the exhaustion set in. My poor hubby is trying to help but he is a bit overwhelmed trying to remodel our new house too. :tongue:

We should know in about a month, but I am fairly certain we are having a girl :heart:
  • livs_mom
    livs_mom Posts: 37
    Options
    My EDD is 3/13. I'm finding out the results of my HCG check tomorrow and hoping for a sticky baby. :) This will be my 2nd, and I'm just as nervous (if not more) than when I was pregnant with #1. Nice to meet you all!
  • Nonnyette
    Nonnyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group! I live in Vancouver, British Columbia and my EDD is January 6. I'm 38 years old and this is my first pregnancy. I had a difficult first trimester (in terms of fatigue and nausea) and my exercise regime completely bit the dust around week 6 - it was all I could do to get through the day in one piece. I'm feeling better now, though, and am slowly trying to get back on track. "Slowly" being the operative word. Nice to meet everyone!
  • jonniemomof9ak
    jonniemomof9ak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies-- Thanks for inviting me to join your group. This is my eighth baby. I have 6 boys and one girl (who is really hoping for a sister). However the odds are not with me - I have two adult step-sons, and that means out of 9 children my husband has only had one girl. We are considering the option of letting this one be a surprise, we have found out with all the other children, and I am 40, so this may be our last. I am in my second trimester, & really trying to pick up on the exercise while I can.

Looking forward to this journey with you ladies.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Mary, i live in Auckland, New Zealand, I'm 39 and I'm 12w1d with bubba number two. My daughter is 15 months and I'm being blessed with another easy pregnancy - just a bit of fatigue ar the moment which has put my running on hold. I'm hoping my energy levels will bounce back soon. A bit nervous this time round as I lost a baby at 10weeks in January, this one appears to be sticky so far! Have my next scan on Friday next week...