Allergy safe ideas please............

Options
Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
Okay allergy sufferers...... I know we have all been creative about the things we eat. I could really use some new ideas. Especially for some good comfort foods.

My personal allergies are: dairy, gluten, soy, sourghum, quinoa mostly grain based and coconut.

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for carob fudgy cookies. It calls for buckwheat, but I didn't have any at the time. they were pretty good. I'm sure they would be better with the buckwheat.

http://www.gaianaturopathic.com/resources_recipes_carobcookies.html

I'll be getting a blood test done in a couple of weeks. I'm interested to see what my allergens are. My mother is allergic to dairy, wheat, eggs, almonds, and something else. Not sure what.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    They sound interesting.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods are you looking for? Feel free to check out my diary (lately just journalling my foods in the diary section, so look down at the bottom if you don't see anything in the entry). You will see some of your allergens in there, but we can talk about how to adapt if you see something you like.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Please be careful of the oats. I was so excited when I learned of GF oats. I bought a huge bag and made an awesome smoothie with oats in it. I also made some overnight oats that were wonderful, but alas came down with hives from those too.

I am free of dairy, soy, wheat, gluten, and eggs. But additionally I have found that I seem to be reacting to a lot more foods lately. Like if I have a tbsp of lemon on my salad I will get hives. Chocolate, bananas, potatoes. But I am not even really sure cause I just have had hives for so long.

My best advice is to eat UNPROCESSED foods. Nothing in a box. Nothing with a label, NOT even prepared chicken. Fresh, whole foods.

I do mostly chicken and veggies with a few fruits mixed in. Mostly apples are safe for me.

Breakfast was my most difficult one to get around. I do like flax milk or hemp milk as almond milk seemed to give me troubles as well. I use these for smoothies.

I hear you! I hate being so restricted in my eating. Good luck, for me I have slipped a few times, as soy is in EVERYTHING. I don`t miss the wheat or gluten which I thought would be hardest, but it is the dairy I miss the most and my fruits :)
  • hoffmanhomemaker
    hoffmanhomemaker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you read the blog called "Real Sustenance"? I am gluten, dairy, soy and egg free plus have to really watch the carbs!!

http://realsustenance.com/