July 15-21 Results, Challenge, & Weigh-In

Options
mommamellymac
mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
b191075939.jpg
tot22_zps70d37960.jpg

Welcome to our new members to our group! I hope you find this motivating to your weight loss!

I am trying to make this group more active...instead of just posting weekly. Have any suggestions? I had the recipe thing up last week, maybe we can continue that this week? Tell us what you had to eat this week! Check back for ideas!

Here is your weigh-in for the week! Good luck!!!

Start Weight:
Current Weight:
Goal Weight:

Weekly struggle: {Are you tracking? are you eating correctly? are you working out? Did you forget something?}

WEEKLY NSV: What was your weekly non-scale victory. What made you squeal with delight and made you proud of you?}

GROUP CHALLENGE: Lets lose 20lbs as a whole!!!

GROUP PROGRESS :
10lbs lost: achieved! 7/14/2013
20lbs lost:
30lbs lost:
40lbs lost:

INVITE YOUR FRIENDS! Remember, we are an open group!

If you don't want to do the challenge anymore, please let me know. If you are not active after two weeks, I will remove your name from the chart. Any suggestions? Concerns? Send me a message! You can also add me to see when I post!

Replies

• phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This is currently cooking away in my oven at the moment. i put it in to cook on low this morning, went to work, and its ready to eat when i got back - very easy! I got the recipe from

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/slow-cooked-jerk-pork-with-caribbean_19.html

And I have made four times already as my bf keeps requesting it and I am happy to oblige!

Pork roast, marinated overnight with fresh citrus juice, garlic, and jerk seasoning, then slow cooked all day while you're away. Topped with a bright, fresh Caribbean salsa of fresh mangos, avocado, and lime.

Slow Cooked Jerk Pork with Caribbean Salsa
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 10 • Size: 3 oz pork, 1/3 cup salsa • Old Pts: 6 pts • WW Pts+: 7 pts
    Calories: 265 • Fat: 15 g • Protein: 21.4 g • Carb: 11.5 g • Fiber: 2 g • Sugar: 7.5 g
    Sodium: 468.4 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

3 lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast, lean, all fat removed
    6 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 - 3 tbsp Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning (I used mild)
    1/2 tsp coarse salt
    1 lime, squeezed
    1/2 cup fresh orange juice

For the Caribbean salsa:

1 haas avocado, diced
    2 large ripe mangos, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
    1 1/2 tbsp chopped red onion
    1-2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
    2-3 tbsp fresh lime juice
    salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Using a sharp knife, cut slits into the pork and stuff holes with half of the crushed garlic. Combine the remaining garlic, jerk seasoning, and salt, rub all over pork (you may want to wear gloves). Place in a large container, pour the lime and orange juice over the pork; cover and refrigerate 5 hours or overnight, turning pork occasionally so the marinade covers all of pork.

The next morning, put everything in the crock pot and cook on LOW for 9 hours.

After 9 hours, remove pork and shred using two forks.

Remove liquid from crock pot and reserve. Add shredded pork back to the slow cooker. Add about 1 cup of the liquid back into the crock pot and taste for salt and pepper. Let it cook an additional 15 minutes.

Meanwhile make the Caribbean salsa: combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season to taste with salt and pepper. refrigerate salsa until ready to serve.

Makes 30 oz cooked pork, 3 1/3 cups salsa.

Delicious served with your favourite steamed rice!
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This is currently cooking away in my oven at the moment. i put it in to cook on low this morning, went to work, and its ready to eat when i got back - very easy! I got the recipe from

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/slow-cooked-jerk-pork-with-caribbean_19.html

And I have made four times already as my bf keeps requesting it and I am happy to oblige!

Pork roast, marinated overnight with fresh citrus juice, garlic, and jerk seasoning, then slow cooked all day while you're away. Topped with a bright, fresh Caribbean salsa of fresh mangos, avocado, and lime.

That sounds AMAZING! I'm going to make this tomorrow I think!
  • phreekles
    Options
    I cannot recommend it more - I've been using skinnytaste.com for nearly all of my recipes since I started my weight loss journey and have never been disappointed by any of them!
  • Janice0711
    Janice0711 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for sharing! luv :drinker:
  • dsclemente
    dsclemente Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is so great. I love that she has vegetarian recipes. I have already made plans for next weeks lunches and dinners from this site. Thank you for sharing this @phreekles!
  • Janice0711
    Options
    My new profile photo is of me doing "Pool lat ties" (Pilates in the pool using a "noodle")...I am wearing a straw hat & t shirt & 100 spf, so I don't burn! ha!
    You can get 2 "noodles" (floaties) tie one in a knot & use it as a dumbell pushing in water & take the long one & push it with your legs etc. :glasses:
  • Janice0711
    Options
    Day Spa Mango Ginger Water

Makes 4 liters, refill 4 liter pitcher 2-4 times until flavor is lost.

INGREDIENTS:

1 inch Ginger Root, peeled and sliced

1 cup Frozen Mango- fresh is fine too

DIRECTIONS:

-To peel the ginger use the back of a spoon or a vegetable peeler, just peel the part that you will be using. Using a sharp knife slice ginger into 3-4 coin sized slices. You want them about the size and thickness of the coin.

-Drop into your pitcher and add in the mango.

-Top with 3 cups of ice and then add with water.(the ice is important, it holds down the ginger and mango to help infuse the water)

-Place in your fridge for 1-3 hours before serving.

-When serving add a couple frozen mango chunks in a pretty glass for ice cubes.

This will keep in the fridge for 24 hours.
  • phreekles
    Options
    Sounds perfect for the summer weather - I usually have something similar win green tea!
  • Janice0711
    Options
    Last weight:185
    C Weight: 184
    Goal: 165

Drinking more water this week!~ Yeah!
    Good Luck! :tongue:
  • TimeToLoseBelly
    TimeToLoseBelly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Last week weight : 139.8

current weight : 138.8

Goal weight : 129

Planning to concentrate more on my diet..i am at my moms place for vacation and its very difficult to keep my diet.Since i meet my mom 2yrs once,i am papered with her food :)
    also planning to drink more water.
  • RoseMay1122
    Options
    I am alive, I promise girls! Just...mad life at the moment.

Still - SW: 154
    LW: 155
    GW: 154

I have returned to my starting point. Small victories and all that!
  • phreekles
    Options
    Last week: 125 lb
    Current: 125 lb
    Goal: 119 lb

Well, last weekend and the beginning of this week I had some MAJOR binges with icecream, ready meals, chocolate, and all kinds of crap and then I turned it around mid week, drank LOTS of water as it has been so hot, and really concentrated on eating very healthy delicious meals so I haven't felt any cravings for crap. At the beginning of this week I weighed 128 lb and I have lost 3 of those lb so I'm not gonna be too hard on myself for maintaining this week. I hope to get back to losing weight next week.

Also, as the sun has been shining so much my vegetables have been growing like crazy in the garden and I now have tons of courgettes so I'll probably post one from skinnytaste.com as they have been soooo delicious.
  • dsclemente
    dsclemente Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    SW: 140.0
    CW: 138.2
    GW: 127

Recipe of the Week: This was so good!!
    http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2013/04/southwestern-chopped-salad-with.html

Weekly struggle: Worked out everyday. Not a good thing because Sundays are my big workout days and I can't move.

Weekly NSV: Went to ComicCon for the first time yesterday. I did not have a badge but enjoyed the outside festiviTies which were a lot! I have been trying to go since 2009, that is when I became a huge Star Trek fan! It is soooo hard to get into now.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    :wink: I can't figure out how to delete this.. I forgot something.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Start Weight: 218.60
    Current Weight: 216.40 (-.20)
    Goal Weight: 198.60

Weekly struggle: {Are you tracking? are you eating correctly? are you working out? Did you forget something?} I kid sat this weekend and had a big treat/cheat day yesterday. I need to get back on track and stop having treat days every weekend.

WEEKLY NSV: What was your weekly non-scale victory. What made you squeal with delight and made you proud of you?} I am very proud that I still lost this week. I have been pretty hungry all week and didn't always make the best choices. However, I did exercise almost everyday and did some water aerobics and weight lifting (in addition to the elliptical and walking).