MFP Tour de France Grand Tour Challenge - Rides Only

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
MFP_GrandTour_Challenge_Logo.jpg

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the 2013 MyFitnessPal Tour de France Grand Tour Challenge.

This thread is solely for entering ride details into. Please keep all questions, discussions or general banter and inter-team trash talking in the discussion thread ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/964334-mfp-grand-tour-cycling-challenge-discussion-signup-thread )

To attempt to simplify matters, I've created a "template" for ride logging that i'd appreciate you'd use:

it's on my website to download in a .txt file as

http://www.mb-software.co.uk/MFP/GrandTours/LeTour/MFP_LeTour_Challenge_Template.txt

RIDES POSTED IN OTHER FORMATS (e.g. cut and paste from excel etc. - unless identical to the above format) WILL BE DELETED AND NOT COUNT UNTIL POSTED CORRECTLY. I WASTED FAR TOO MUCH TIME LAST CHALLENGE TRYING TO MAKE SENSE OF PEOPLES "INTERPRETATIONS" OF THE REQUIRED DATA FORMAT. So - This time, it's "No More Mr. Nice Guy..."

So... just a couple of guidelines / disclaimers before we start...

1) You don't have to ride every day that the tour riders do, just ride as often as you can, at a sustainable level - no point in riding 3 back to back centuries and then being restrained to the couch for the next 14 days.

2) It's not **really** a race - don't go out and ride at stupid dangerous speeds and hurt yourselves. It's not big, or clever, and I can't afford the lawsuits that would ensue :laugh:

3) Post your ride details as soon as you are easily able to do so - i'll be entering the information into a spreadsheet that's online and open to view as and when I can get to a computer. If I'm away for a couple of days, i'll try and let you all know, so you're not checking in every few minutes to see if it's changed. Also - if you're "on tour" or away from t'internet, don't sweat it - we'll get there eventually, but again, a quick courtesy note in the discussion thread may help me and your fellow riders. When I've entered your ride, I'll stick an edit in the bottom of the post to say it's sorted (they made me a mod for the group, so I can do little tricks like that - it's a little neater than an extra post confirming things)

4) Ride logging commences 00:01am (in your own local time zone) on 29th June 2013. Logging ends at 23:59pm (again, local TZ) on 21st July 2013. For night rides that may cross from one day to the next, I reserve the right to log them in whichever day may need the extra mileage :wink:

5) It's all for fun and fitness - so go out there and enjoy it...

Replies

This discussion has been closed.