Need Salad suggestions

Options
Mefanie
Mefanie Posts: 10 Member
I eat at least one salad a day for lunch. I am looking for salad suggestions because I am running out of ideas fast.

Replies

• shami19
    shami19 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really love this salad, and I've been eating it almost every day this week. I'm giving the recipe from Allrecipes.com, and I'm sure the dressing is delicious, but I just use a sugar-free, low fat vinegrette from the grocery store as this one seems to have A LOT of sugar in it. This recipe makes a ton of salad, so I keep the dressing and cashews separated from the rest and just take what I need for lunch. I didn't add the sunflower seeds, and today, I forgot the cashews at home and didn't miss them too much. Hope you like it! It has all kinds of yummy superfoods in it! ;)

Super Summer Kale Salad

3/4 cup white sugar

1/2 cup vinegar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped

1/2 (16 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (soybeans), thawed

1/4 red onion, sliced thin

1 cup shredded carrot

2/3 cup fresh blueberries

1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Ocean Spray® Craisins®)

1/2 cup cashew pieces

1/2 cup shelled, roasted sunflower seeds

Directions
    1.Whisk sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
    2.Toss kale, edamame, red onion, carrot, blueberries, dried cranberries, cashew pieces, and sunflower seeds together in a bowl. Pour about half the dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours. Serve remaining dressing on side.
  • louloubi
    louloubi Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi (I am french so I like to apologize in advance if I misspell words :)

My favorites:

1) raw spinach, strawberries and basil (just like that or add half a teaspoon of canola oil) a hard boiled egg for protein with half a whole wheat bagel

2) fresh tomatoes, black olives, palm tree hearts (or artichokes) and celery (prepare a day before to get most of the flavour mixed together) just add a little lemon juice and olive oil before you eat it. Some chicken on the side for protein (or 30 gr of feta cheese)

Louloubi from St-Sauveur, Québec CANADA
  • mialankford
    Options
    I am new to this. Super excited.
  • Mefanie
    Options
    This was a fantastic salad. I reduced the sugar in the dressing and it was fine. Thank you for the recipe!
  • Mefanie
    Options
    I love raw spinach, too. Basil was a nice surprise and really added a nice touch. Going to try the second recipe this week. I thought it would be areal drag to replace my lunches with salads, but it really hasn't been. I just don't want to get bored. Thanks again!