How often do you go?

Options
wiginn
wiginn Posts: 147 Member
How often do you do CrossFit? Do you do any other exercise?

I have been doing CrossFit twice a week and either running or walking 2-3 times a week, but am thinking about increasing the number of times I go to CrossFit.

I'm interested to hear what others are doing and the results you're seeing!

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Just starting but 3 times a week for me and that seems to be the right amount for me to recover for the next workout.

On off days I will usually walk or do elliptical and I run one day a week.
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I do about 3-4, depending upon my schedule. This works well for my recovery as well. Perhaps once I build up more stamina and strength, I'd up it. I don't tend to do anything on my "off" days.
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    5 days a week. 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off. I am going to start running a few miles the other days. I just got over shin splints so it's been awhile.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I go Mon-Fri @ 5am. Weekends I focus on recovery and flexibility by stretching.

On M-W-F we do a Strength Training session prior to the WOD, usually Squats, Bench, and Deadlifts. We go 7-8 weeks for training then go for a PR increase for the next 8 weeks.

My Box offers Oly classes though so I may start those 3x week to really get my form down on the lifts.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm currently going 3 times each week - Tues, Wed and Friday. On my off days, I do yoga and walk. Very soon, I will be getting back to running as I train for my next two half marathons. My coach is good about helping me work in my running and scale my CF workouts accordingly.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5 times per week. 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off. I also run at least 3 times per week 3-5 miles at a time, so two of my days are doubles. I always take at least one rest day per week where the most I do is walk my dog. I started with 3 times per week did that for about 6 months, than went to 4 times a week for 6 months, and then just started going 5 times per week about 5 months ago. I think the gradual increase worked well for me as I'm still able to recover pretty well.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I've been on a 3x week schedule, but slowly ramping up to 4-5x... I'm trying to get to open gym to WOD with friends or work on my squats. This week I managed 5x + 1 Yoga :drinker:

I also try to get to hot yoga at least once a month, but again, I would prefer a bi-weekly schedule so I can really work my mobility.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    3-4 days a week on average and I try to run on at least 1 -2 of my off days with then one day for full rest. But I am thinking I might try to up my days and go 4-5 times. Ive done back to back 4 days a week and felt pretty good so I think i can probably handle the stress on my body.
  • toporifico
    toporifico Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5 days a week. 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off. I am going to start running a few miles the other days. I just got over shin splints so it's been awhile.

HAHA!! This could have been my response!! I just got up to 3o1o, 2o1o about 3 weeks ago. Feels pretty good so far. I go to the box m/w/f and go to the globo tu/th/sat. I've struggled with shin splints too and started doing the couch to 5k program so I try to insert 3x per week of that. So far so good. Hoping the pounds start to melt away this month with the increased work!!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm only 2 weeks in, but I go 3 days a week. I think I'll probably stay at that frequency for a while, it works out well with my kids and my recovery time.
  • fakeittomakeit
    fakeittomakeit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Top, I had been running 3-5 miles 3-4 days a week on the treadmill. After a couple of runs outside, the shin splints set in. I started to really like running outside and probably never rested enough between "splint incidences". : ) I'm hoping to avoid them altogether this time. I hope you continue to run splint free and whether the scale moves or not, you are building muscle with crossfit. I know in just 4 weeks I see big changes, but the scale hasn't budged.
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    I try to go to CrossFit at least 5x per week at 5:15 AM. If I miss a week day, I try to go on Saturday. I mix in hot yoga (bikram) and outdoor exercise like hiking, running, etc. but CrossFit is my primary exercise. My coach says if you don't do it at least 4x per week, you can't really expect to see results.
  • littlelawson83
    Options
    I've been going since last December 3 x a week but have just upped my membership so will be going at least 4/5 times a week. I'd like to get into a routine of going every day before or after work. I don't do anything else on my days off, though probably should.
  • ssnowdon76
    ssnowdon76 Posts: 19
    Options
    4-5 days a week.

Throughout the week, I'll duck away from the office at noon to get a workout in - always helps me refocus and clear my mind. A week at the box usually looks like this for me:

Sunday - Benchmark
    Monday - Strength / Skill, WOD
    Tuesday - Rest
    Wednesday - Conditioning
    Thursday - Strength / Skill, WOD
    Friday - Strength / Skill, WOD
    Saturday - Rest
  • kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I go 3 x week but only started 6 weeks ago. I continue to run between 10-15miles a week mainly in the morning, 1 hour of bootcamp weekly and as the weather has been great here just now I bike around 30miles a week I normally have 1 day rest a week – just need to sort out my eating habits now!