Exercising with kids

Options
Here's my funny story for today:
My little one was napping and my oldest one was playing in her room, so I decided to take advantage of the quiet and I popped in a Jillian Michael's video. I was about halfway through when the oldest (almost 6 y.o.) wandered in. She asked lots of questions about the video, and watched me doing everything. Then, the doorbell rang. It was a couple neighbor kids. I heard them ask if she could play and she said "I'm watching my mom exercise right now" so the two other kids decided to join her! Can you say awkward? Luckily, I was almost done by the time that happened!

Replies

• momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Love it!! I showed my 7 and 11 yr olds some of the zumba moves we do... only to be told by my 7 yr daughter "well, that's embarrassing mom." Kids. Gotta love them.
  • woodstockchick
    Options
    Thats cute :-) and its setting a great example
  • jgarrett731
    jgarrett731 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My 2 year old likes to walk around the room saying 'squat squat squat'... I guess Mommy does a lot of squats... Kids are funny. :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    awww, that is cute.
  • Jami313
    Jami313 Posts: 13
    Options
    My little guy is almost 2 so I workout while he's napping or after he goes to bed. On the rare occasion that I do it while he's awake he walks around looking at me like I've lost my mind! Kids are too funny :)