1st Week

Options
I will start the first week on Monday 22nd July.

Till then tell us a little about your journey so far and how we can help.:smile:

I'm Libby and I have lost 1 stone so far my biggest challenge is not giving up when I have a bad couple of weeks.
This group can help by dropping me a message when I have been missing. ( I will do the same in return).

Replies

• osugal91
    osugal91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Debbie. I have 50 pounds to lose to start with. Have lost 10 so far, so have some encouragement. But yes would like some accountability, folks to check in with, particularly on the eat the house down days. I work from home full time for a large corporation and some days that kitchen is too close. I eat when anxious or stressed, so...... :happy:
  • mya_bella
    mya_bella Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mirna.

I have 56.8lbs to lose. I actually need to relose 12.8lbs that I have regained in the last couple of months. Going through a lot of emotional and mental issues. So I'm hoping that meeting with a therapist and confroting the issues head on will help me deal with the emotional eating and make my life more stable and liveable.:smile:
  • alwayskari
    alwayskari Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Kari.

Usually when I diet I don't like to tell anyone -- ashamed of my weight and not wanting anyone to know that I know I need to lose. That method obviously hasn't worked in the past though, so I need support and encouragement and a group to keep me honest. I've lost 17lbs so far with more than 100 to go. I can do this! We can do this! :)

Please feel free to friend me!
  • erikabargeron
    erikabargeron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im Erika! I want to loose a little over 100 pounds. But for now my goals is 5 pounds by the end of July! Then 8-10 a month from there on out. I have PSOC and have always been overweight and have used that as an excuse for most of my life. But I have met my future husband and we want to start a family in the next year or two so I know that this is the time I need to change my life. He is very fit and eats whatever he wants and I took up the eating whatever I wanted but not the being fit part. So starting today I am giving up all sodas and alcohol. I am also going to start out by walking everyday. I always make excuses about the gym because I am not super comfortable going but I have decided to at least walk every single day. I always shoot for these huge goals and then get depressed when it seems impossible to reach so thats why I am only going month by month with a goal I can achieve through easy diet and exercise changes. I need help with being accountable if I don't log in my food. and just overall encouragement that I am not the only one going through this!
  • alwayskari
    alwayskari Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have PSOC and have always been overweight and have used that as an excuse for most of my life. But I have met my future husband and we want to start a family in the next year or two so I know that this is the time I need to change my life.

I am in a similar boat! I want to start a family with my husband (we've been married 4 years), but PCOS and weight are in the way of my getting pregnant. I'm going to be 30 this year. It's time for me to get moving before it's too late for kiddos!
  • kariweighsin
    kariweighsin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Kari and I have been on a weight loss journey since January 2, 2013. Since then, I have lost around 17.6 pounds. My goal is to be down at least 30 pounds by December and I know that in order to make that happen I have to stay accountable. Over the past few years, my weight has steadily increased until I was at my highest 263 pounds, a number that I am still ashamed of, mainly because I couldn't believe what was in front of my eyes on the scale. I am now down to my 240s and want to be down under 200 by my one year weight loss anniversary on January 2, 2014.

I have also started a weight loss blog to help hold me accountable and keep track of my progress (there is a link in my profile).
  • tishtee
    tishtee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Tish and this is my first week also. I'll be weighing in tomorrow and I think I will have lost a couple of pounds (hopefully). My trouble is going to be after a few weeks when I get a bit bored and want to eat all the wrong foods, and then forget to calorie count and feel too guilty to track anymore. I like the idea of this group and being accountable not just to myself but to others and for others. I'm also new to this site and not sure how it all works yet. Should we check in every few days to this group with an update? I like the idea of your blog Kari!
  • b12arr0
    b12arr0 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Russ and I have 85 pounds to lose. I've been on a roller coaster of weight loss and gain since Nov 2010. I've been as low as 30 pounds from my goal weight. I got "ok' with where I was and thought I could slack off. Oh I slacked off alright. :) I didn't work out as much, I ate a little more than I should, gained some weight, worked out a little to make it seem like I was back into it, lost some weight, slacked off again, regained again. I need to stay accountable. I restarted my journey last Sunday and I've lost 3 pounds since then. I need to learn how to focus on my weight loss achievements now and not get upset about being only 30 pounds from my goal and regaining a lot of weight. Thanks for creating this group, I think it's a great idea.

Feel free to friend me!
  • chaines7169
    chaines7169 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi group! I really need accountability. I live with going to be soon retired, way to huge, couch potatoe husband who loves to eat. I love to cook, so does he, but I really want to follow fork over knives, and Engine 22 Vegan diet as well as possible. I just went to a new doctor and blood sugar up, vitamin D low, but we still can't find reason for sluggishness, tired, weak feeling. (I know it is because I am overweight) So looking to lose 50 lbs. and too strengthen my knees and walk and move more. Thanks for letting me join. My goal for this week is to check in daily and eat less sugar.
  • charliesochor
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Charlie and I have about 50lbs to lose. I always start this with good intentions then slack off. I really need to be held accountable so maybe this group can help :)
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Sharon and I too need to be held accountable. I started off strong and as I let life get in the way of myself I find it very difficult to get back into my workouts and then the bad eating habits return. This will be an awesome group so we can keep each other going in the right direction. I am down fifteen pounds and I need to loose at least another 95. I have always struggled with my weight and I too do not like to tell anybody when I am diet for fear of what they will say when I fail. I have a very supportive husband and that is helpful in this journey.

It is time for the lifestyle change and it is time to put me first so I can be around for my kids for many more years. :love:
  • arenae76
    arenae76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm Angie and I need help with this weigh loss jorney! I joined with my friends and have slacked so much, I am hoping that by adding myself to a group of people I dont know I might keep myself more accountable. I want to lose this weight so bad, I am miserable, I can stand to lose almost a whole person off my body. Last year my boyfriend started one of my diets with me, he stuck with it, I slacked off, well he has lost 60 pounds and I have gained about 20! He tries to enourage me, so do my friends, but I get lazy or too busy then just tell myself, oh forget it, you can do it later. I need to stop doing that. I feel like I am in the movie Shallow Hal, which I hate how they made a movie about fat people, but I feel like its me, I look in the mirror and see my self how I have always looked since high school, when I was thin, but then I look at a picture of myself and I think, who is that lady, thats not me, I dont look like that in the mirror.
  • Amandamaezing
    Amandamaezing Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amanda. I need accountability for days (or weeks on end sometimes) when I just don't feel like exercising. I was fairly consistent with my jogging last year until about October. Since then it's been very touch and go. My husband tries to motivate me but doesn't always know how. I just recently started tracking my food (10 days ago) and that's been a good motivator to make healthier choices but I would love some accountability!
  • erikabargeron
    erikabargeron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have PSOC and have always been overweight and have used that as an excuse for most of my life. But I have met my future husband and we want to start a family in the next year or two so I know that this is the time I need to change my life.

I am in a similar boat! I want to start a family with my husband (we've been married 4 years), but PCOS and weight are in the way of my getting pregnant. I'm going to be 30 this year. It's time for me to get moving before it's too late for kiddos!

You can do it! We are getting married in a few months and he really wants kids. I would hate to think I cant get pregnant because of something I can control like my weight! They say even 10% decrease in body weight can help with symptoms in pcos!
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Helen. I have been trying to lose my weight for over 4 years. The first 3 I only lost 25 lbs. then I joined MFP and have done a lot better. But now I am struggling. Part of it is a busy summer schedule, full of family celebrations and vacations. But if I am going to be honest I think I am using the excuse that I have come a long ways and I'm looking pretty good. Well that thinking has brought me to a 6 lb weight gain. So now I need to lose 9 pounds to my original goal which was a total guess. I now know I can and need to lose more than that. Looking forward to being part of this group.
  • ctrickel23
    Options
    My name is Cher. I had 3 kids in the span of 5 years so my body has been up and down in weight loss for a while now. I have joined Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig several times. I have used my fitness pal on and off for a few years now. I really need to stay focused. I have lost 13 pounds since February but I have not been consistent about tracking. About 2 months ago I started the couch to 5k app and am now running. I was hoping that exercising would be enough to lose weight but that is just not the case. This Monday I started tracking again and have been consistent about tracking everything I eat. I find it easy to exercise but being more careful about what I eat is really hard for me. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated.
  • abbielacayo
    Options
    I am a mother of 3. Just had my last girl in January 2013 my other daughters are 3 and 2. So, I stay busy with them. I am also a small business owner and wife and I essentially haven't had any time to think about myself. Recently, I joined a gym and have started tracking. I need some accountability too! I feel guilty when I work out and then I find myself not eating properly.
  • Kaytee86
    Kaytee86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Krystal, but I often go by Kay or Kaytee (my initials are KT and growing up I was always Krystal with a K, hence Kay. lol). I'm 26 years old and currently weigh 260 lbs, the heaviest I have ever been. When I hit puberty, my weight started to slowly built. Once in high school, I lost almost 50 lbs, but I know I did that in a very unhealthy manner and it call came back with extras when I hit university.

Now I've looking towards a new stage of my life, my boyfriend and I are currently saving up towards a wedding (and well, he is saving for a ring. lol) Also hoping to start a family within the next 5 years and we both want several children (3 to 4). And I need to be in much better health if I'm going to chase after that many little kids.

I used to use Loseit.com and had a great support group there that was really helping me to stay encouraged and I lost 20 pounds while I was working with them. Then the website changed and added a payment for some of the tools, so I stopped using the site. A coworker had recommended MFP to me and I've been playing with it for awhile but haven't had much success because I haven't been accountable or consistent because I don't have that support group that keeps me coming back to chat and check up on people. Hopefully we can all do that for each other!
  • dadirtyredd1
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Kiki. I've actually been on this site for while, but have just recently gotten really focused on getting these pounds off and getting into the best shape of my life. Beginning of the year I found myself weighting in at 262. When I saw this number I almost passed out, I just couldn't believe it. I was really devastated at the sight of that number. That was a wake up call, so I'm eating better and also have now started doing Insanity. I'm at the end of my third week now and still going strong. Its tough, but I'm determined. Just need a few friends to keep me motivated and hopefully I can return the favor. So let go everyone, let get to it!
  • beccagillespie1
    Options
    I'm Becca. I once weighed 245 pounds. I have lost 50 pounds and have maintained that weight loss for 6 years. I am ready to finish what I started. :-)