Weight training trainer on south or east side?

Options
mojohowitz
mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
I really really enjoy running but I need to start a weight training program to supplement my conditioning. I live around southport but I don't know any decent trainers who know about weights. I've tried a few at different Anytime Fitness location when I was a member but there people don't seem to be too knowledgeable. No offense. Plus, they were constantly pushing "healthy" smoothies that were about 400 calories.

Can anyone recommend someone? If you prefer not to post a name on here send me a message and I will holler back.

Replies

• DSeay88
    DSeay88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jason Young 695-9748

I don't know if that's current contact info. It's been awhile for me.
  • scottjoh
    scottjoh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wife and I belong to Beech Grove Planet Fitness and the onsite trainer seems very knowledgeable. He has gotten us on a weigh routine and we have both been noticing great results.
  • BuickGirl
    BuickGirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Kattie Fleece. She's a bit of a drive, but also offers online stuff. This chick will kick your butt for sure. :)

www.fleecefitness.com
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    In my opinion I suggest shopping for a gym that has a real free weight section (one that has dumbbells past 70lbs) then search the internet for a good 5x5 workout program. Nothing against trainers, but all the info you need to start is on the web. The hardest part is finding the drive to go (4-5 days a week EVERY week) and trainers cant give you that.