Exercise - What are you doing ?

Options
mommy_hood
mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
I know some ladies are interested in what others are doing for exercise .... let us know here !

Replies

• mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am not exercising very much during first trimester just some swimming with the kids in the pool but I do plan on getting back to exercise in 2nd trimester ! Any structured exercise suggestions ?
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I got the pregnancy fitness program by Lindsey brin at target. I like it but it cuts off at the end. When I emailed the company they said that target had it cut to meet a certain price point which is a huge bummer cause I really like that workout. I am waiting to hear back where I could order it from. I also got prenatal yoga by desi Bartlett I am not a huge fan. A little too much "yogi" for me.

I was going to order the Tracy Anderson pregnancy project cause I thought it was neat she had a workout for each month but I found it at the library. I just got done doing half the workout and I really don't like it. I have been having shoulder pains with sleeping on my side. It was too much on the shoulders. But I saw some other ones at the library I am going to try before buying any more.

Well I would love to hear what you are using. My son and I were biking. But it is too hot for that these days.
  • aliOop18
    aliOop18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've really just been walking, it's been challenging since I am still in my 1st trimester and dealing with fatigue. I can't seem to get up early to walk before work & the afternoons has been difficult. Thankfully my husband has been supportive and tries to help out so that I can get my workouts done in the evenings. I was interested in getting a few dvds but so far have not purchased any, trying to research reviews online via Amazon. My friend is going to let me borrow two that she owns & had enjoyed so I hope those will be a start.
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sporadically going to the Y still and using either the treadmill or elliptical for 30 mins. I also did two strength workouts which I liked but I'm finding that I'm short on time and energy. I've also been going for walks with my dogs or the husband but it's been too hot this week to do much.

How do you ladies motivate yourself into getting up and doing something? I feel like I take so much longer to do my normal work (I work from home) that I don't have as much time and definitely not as much motivation to work out.
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I do the Gaiam Prenatal Yoga (Shiva Rea). I really like it - it has some great stretches. I have the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy book, which shows a bunch of stretches you should do during pregnancy, and Shiva Rea does almost all of them in her dvd, so I'm impressed. I also try to do some walking, but with the summer heat, that is making it hard. I try to walk at work for 20 minutes during the day, and some evenings I'll go on a 40-minute walk up and down some hills in our neighborhood, which is a pretty good workout.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Running 3x week (nothing too intense, although I work up quite a sweat, almost to 5k) and I attend Zumba once or twice a week as well :)
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well Ive been so sick til this point! Im happy doing anything :) I did weights once this week and Im walk/ running tomorrow , then hopefully Zumba Friday and Sunday
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've honestly not been doing anything, I've been too darn tired at the end of the day to do anything else and use my day off to rest. I really know that I need to be doing more and that it's better for baby but it's just so hard!
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was doing an easy version (no jumping, etc) of Insanity (I was doing if for a few months before getting pregnant). I do it with my neighbor, but we've been on vacation for a week, so I've slacked this week. I did a pregnancy DVD yesterday and plan to keep doing that or walking until vacation is over and then back to the easy Insanity :)
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    A whole lot of nothing! TOO TIRED!
  • rainysue34
    rainysue34 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been doing jogging ~30min 3x/week. I've also started do some free weight arm/shoulder lifts. On the days that I don't jog, I do some stretching and a few ab exercises like planks.
  • Nonnyette
    Nonnyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 15w 3d, and from 6 weeks until about last week, I couldn't do anything at all - the fatigue and nausea hit me too hard. I am now trying to get back into yoga and low-intensity workouts at the gym. I went to my very first aquafit class last Friday - a prenatal aquafit class - and it was great, but unfortunately it was the last one in the series until September! So my timing was really bad. I'm going to try to get to the gym this afternoon - even if I just manage some cardio, it will be better than nothing.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    It's embarrassing to admit, but I haven't done squat. Between work, a two year old and severe MS, I just haven't been up to it. This is my third PG and the only time I have ever been this sick.....praying it goes away soon and I can get back to busting a move at the gym.....or even going for a walk!
  • mommyblessed7
    Options
    well my walk/run didnt happen. My friend had to work late and to be honest I was relieved , I started feeling crumby, the kids wouldnt let me nap today and it caught up with me. ... Tomorrow I am hopeful!
  • rachael116
    rachael116 Posts: 62
    Options
    I've been doing my same routine as before I found out , but every other day vs. every day. I try to do spin once a week, trainer once a week, JM's 30 day shred (when I'm not too lazy!) and a lot of walking. Luckily, I haven't been too tired/sick to stop. I did get two pregnancy specific DVDs from Amazon that I'll probably switch to once I hit the second trimester and my regular routine becomes too vigorous. I asked my Dr about my exercises and she's given me the all-clear to continue as long as I can!

Have you guys had any difficultly with motivation so far? I find I am getting more tired in the evenings, so I've been trying to get my work-outs in in the morning before I leave for work.
  • mommyblessed7
    Options
    Im happy to report I made it to Zumba this morning!! I wasnt sure because I did have a nice puke party before I got in the shower! BUt I ate breakfast and all was better... i just have to get started earlier now , I feel like the baby <sigh>

I dont have motivational problems really but actually fatigue and nausea... It was ok once I got going though.. however Im lmost 14 weeks... It should be on the better side soon.. I did have to keep an eye on my heart rate, I couldnt go as wild as I usually do with my dancing self! I get a bit dizzy when the heart rate goes over 180 ... but I got my burn on!!! WOOT
  • HollyAnn_
    HollyAnn_ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was doing P90x with extra running 3x a week before getting pregnant. Almost the whole first trimester I was sooo tired and didn't hardly do anything. Two weeks ago, I started back on P90x, only doing half the workout (about 30min avg) and using 2-5 pound weights (yeah they are pretty and pink-gag me) I love yoga so I do that whole 1hr and a half workout.

I love working out! So motivation isn't too hard for me. The feeling afterward is enough. And I find I have MORE energy when I do. Also I've had two births with no drugs at all and honestly, it was great! Especially compared to one with an epidural. So being in shape will only make labor and delivery that much easier!

Also I'm really hoping to gain as close to 20 pounds as possible. I delivered my first at the same weight I am now and that makes me feel bad. I was, however, almost 19, gained about 35-40 pounds, delivered at 180. What do you all think about that? would it be ok if I only gained another 10 pounds? I'm 15w d5. Almost 25 yrs old. gained 30 with the last two babies, who were exactly the same size.
  • jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I need to start doing a LOT more! Thanks for all of the great tips ladies! I have mainly just been walking the dogs and going to the pool. I want to start prenatal yoga or some other classes. Fortunately my husband is a personal trainer, so I know that after the baby gets here, he will kick my butt back into gear .. he is SO overprotective of me right now though. (It's our first, so we have been super by the book with everything.. lol) Good luck ladies!!!
  • AnnieBear80
    AnnieBear80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm only about 5 weeks and the only thing I've changed is the intensity of my cardio. Still going to my strength training class and my PT will modify his program to more strength workouts.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I should be running but haven't for the last three weeks as I'm too tired by the time hubby gets home in the afternoon. However, I've just entered my second trimester so I'm hoping the energy levels return soon - I'm still planning on running the Auckland Half on November 3rd(well, training for it at the very least). At the moment, I'm just walking when I can.