Heart Rate Monitor - Where to buy something basic?

Options
akkeri
akkeri Posts: 13 Member
Hi

Just looking for a simple HRM and am willing to travel to get it. Don't know if I can find something under 100CHF if that is at all possible? I'm totally *new* to Zürich and would like to get some recommendations.

Sincere thanks!

Replies

• MissGrace1977
    MissGrace1977 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Have you already found your HRM?

I've bought mine at sportxx (Migros)
    (http://www.sportxx.ch/de/ausruestung/uhren/herzfrequenzmesser---pulsuhren/polar-damen-herzfrequenzmesser-ft4/pp.471935000000)

I'm pretty happy with it.
  • akkeri
    akkeri Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for your reply - I appreciate it!. i'll check out that link because I haven't found an HRM yet. I was checking out the Polar online at Athleticum but didn't go by the shop to see what they have in stock :)
  • ginagp06
    ginagp06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just went and ordered mine on Amazon.com. I love having it. I don't think I could still exercise without it.
  • aagaag
    aagaag Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar RS800, since ca. 5 years. I use it daily and I am very happy with it. It's a high-end HRM, on the expensive side, and the software is fairly complex - but then again I am a gadget freak. I have to download the watch to my laptop once weekly though, via IR link - which is a bit of a pain.

I understand that the newest HR monitors tend to have Bluetooth4 straps, which communicate directly with iPhone or Androids and do not need a specialized watch. Bluetooth4 is apparently very low-energy and the battery lasts 1 year. I know what I want for next Xmas... :-)