SOS Shout out Sundays 7/21/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
So what did we all learn experience or celebrate this week?!

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    That I'm not going to stop.
    With gaining back everything I lost two years ago (using a VLCD) in spite of eating right (with adjustments to the food plan because it seemed the key has to be in the food somewhere) and exercising for the past year and a half. I'll admit I'm past my point of giving up, in most cases I would have given up a long time ago because I can't figure out why I'm gaining (honestly, with all the working out I do even if I ate crap all the time while still staying in my calories or even went over once or twice a week, I should still be losing or at least staying the same weight.)

But something's changed, this time I'm not stopping, for some reason I'm hooked on the working out and at least food wise, my choices are healthy and unless I'm eating out, they're also portion controlled. I need to check all avenues, so I'm going to an endocrinologist to see if there is a medical reason why in spite of all my hard work, I'm gaining instead of losing. And like I told Super
    Trainer, at this point, if there is nothing medically wrong with me (which there probably won't be, because that would be too easy a solution) the I will just have to learn to live with being the fittest fat person that ever lived....
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I learned if I don't feel well to just not go to exercise class. The last time I went I had a huge attitude because didn't feel well. So I do't go now! I can be a perfectionist with attendance to classes.
    I also learned that I need to appreciate the food I can buy...a true blessing. Others do suffer and at mercy.....
    Being honest and logging everything is hard but worth it ! You can learn so many lessons from it.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Not too much went on the past week. Enjoyed a night out with my brother who will be moving away soon, great concert and dinner.

I'm upping my calorie goal from 1200 to 1400 because I feel like I have stalled. We will see how it goes.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,419 Member
    Options
    I learned that I can make it through eight days without eating ANY junk food and that I'm okay! Still have little naggy voices coming from the fridge and the pantry, but they are under control. The numbers on the scale are going in the right direction once again!!