Where are you Stationed (July - Dec. 2013)?

Options
ErinBEW
ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
Hello everyone,

It's hard PCSing and sticking to a health and fitness routine. This list will help those who are looking to meet a workout buddy in their area.

So don't be shy. Tell us where you're stationed. :flowerforyou:

- Erin

Replies

• ErinBEW
    ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fort Bliss, TX
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Fort Riley, KS
  • SarahEH98
    SarahEH98 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We are at Joint Base San Antonio, but we will be pcsing next year. I am already excited about our next move, hoping for overseas.
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ramstein AB, Germany
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Baumholder, Germany
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Altus AFB Oklahoma
  • KatieSChaisemom
    Options
    P.S. Not to steal the thread or anything but have a question for some of you who may know. This is our first duty station. How do you know when you will be getting pcs orders before you're told or get them? The reason I am asking is because we actually do kind of somewhat like where we are, as with anywhere there are pros and cons. However on his order to pcs here in Altus it said 24 months on them. but everyone keeps telling us to disregard that. like friends or other service-members here on base.
  • emlott88
    emlott88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My husband was supposed to be at McChord for 3 years. He kept McChord as the only base on his 'dream sheet'.

He ended up staying there for 10 years, and only getting pcs orders to Germany because I asked him to change his dream sheet.

We're AF though, I think the army etc. move around a lot more generally. Sometimes it sounds like it's just the luck of the draw too.

Also, there's a thing called 'base of preference' - but you can only use it once in your entire career. We're waiting to use it until the end of his career. Have a google and see if it applies to other branches as well :)
  • KatieSChaisemom
    Options
    Yeah he's AF too. Yeah we definitely crave more of anything here shopping, dining, some type of family recreation like put put golf. LOL. The closest town is about an hour away and still lacks luster. I do love the fact that it has an extremely small town feel, think Mayberry :) I am still waiting to see Aunt B somewhere. I could see us enjoying here for another year or two but not 10 !
  • MollyMeghan5
    MollyMeghan5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eglin AFB, FL
  • omgkittens1
    omgkittens1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fort Riley, KS
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Fort Lee, Virginia Would love a workout buddy or local friends : )
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My husband is ETSing :)
    Fort Bragg finally back to Texas
    We've been living apart for over 2 years since I'm doing school here in TX
  • Nique85
    Nique85 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We are in Hill AFB, Utah. But we are PCSing next month to Illinois.
  • zippyelf
    zippyelf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Raf Lakenheath, England
  • kaylawomble
    Options
    Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
  • kblount10
    Options
    Joint Base Elemdorf-Richardson in Anchorage, Alaska!
  • andi0617
    andi0617 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We are currently stationed at Fort Drum, NY however my hubby came down on orders today for Recruitment School in March so who knows where we will be come May. The life of an Army family.....fun time being gypsy's
  • BrooklynnAK
    BrooklynnAK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Honolulu, HI
  • Zerrminator
    Options
    Parris Island, SC