What are you eating?

Options
I am on the pureed stage of food right now...Ive been eating
greek yogurt
beans and cheese
tuna salad
string cheese
morning star veggie patties
scrambled eggs(kinda heavy for me right now)

--cottage cheese and applesauce irritate my tummy

I miss veggies and fruit...Im not sure how to introduce them...should I steam them or just use frozen

Since I've been sleeved my sugars are in the 120's which is great for me!

i would love some more ideas from you guys....
Please and thanks!
Have a great night!

Replies

• fourshads
    fourshads Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Huligoo,
    I am just finishing week 5. I enjoyed some non-fat greek yogurt with berries & banana's (mash the fruit). Also the Costco canned chicken breast is 'mash-able' and tasty (a little high in sodium though). During my pureed stage, I didn't eat any veggies. Hang in there, you'll be past the pureed stage soon!

Kristy
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hope you are going by your doctor's plan. You are early out. I was on liquids for the first week, full liquids for week 2 and 3. At week four I could have an egg, I could eat half, maybe. I could have deli lunch meat, cottage cheese, yogurt, but no fruit, there are seeds, even little black things in bananas, who knew.....that can get stuck in the staple line inside you. You are healing, and it does take time. I was told to limit fruits, when you can start them.....to two times a week. He said to consider them a treat. Even though it is natural sugar, it is sugar and you do not want to sabotage yourself!!! Be patient and be strict, your honeymoon period is 6 - 12 months!!! Take advantage of it! :bigsmile:
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I still drank shakes at that point. In fact, I still have 1 a day to keep my protein totals up. I also craved fruit and veggies, but, you will need to wait on them. I don't eat many now as by the time I each protein I'm full. Could you make egg salad with eggs instead of just scrambling them? I did that in the early days. I ate greek yogurt, cottage cheese and sugar free pudding too. Good luck, just give it time, you'll be getting those fruits and veggies in.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Did your WLS program give you info of what to eat for the different stages? Mine did. I was able to start soft proteins after 2 weeks with my sleeve. I did chicken salad, cottage cheese, tried scrammble egg but it made me sick, cheese sticks seemed to be my go to during this phase. If your not for sure please call your WLS program, each program is different and has different rules.
    Good luck!
  • JaynaErickson
    JaynaErickson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 15 and have lost 65lbs! I pretty much eat the same thing everyday. Before I would have found this boring but now food don't really do it for me anymore. And that's a GOOD thing. I have a Greek yogurt for breakfast and one or two string cheese for lunch. Dinner I just eat a peace of whatever meat the family is having. In order to fill my protein goals I have a protein shake and a protein bar as well. Sometimes I have a can of nestea ice tea and go a little nuts from the sugar!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Check with your doc first but at that stage I was enjoying soups quite a bit. The veggies were nice and soft and the liquid helped everything go down.
  • mandym74
    mandym74 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was eating all the things mentioned above and even had trouble with cottage cheese as one of the replies mentioned. I did, however, incorporate cooked, very smushy canned carrots...I just really wanted to eat a veggie and canned they can be mashed up pretty well. I have also seen that some people eat mashed potatoes. I am trying to stay away from carbs but I have had a few small baked potatoes with greek yogurt (I like it plain and it kind of tastes like sour cream to me) salt and pepper. I used greek yogurt for mixing with chunk chicken and made chicken salad with dill relish and onion all chopped to a puree stage in my bullet.