Garter and Boquet toss?

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
I had never really put much thought into these two things, but after looking around on TheKnot, it seems like a lot of brides are doing away with these traditions.

I kind of hate the thought of my FH going up my dress in front of my conservative family and neither of us like the embarrassing attention.. Then again, I think I we may regret not doing this tradition. FH has already promised not to stick his head up my dress or lick my leg or anything like that. :laugh:

Anyone skipping these?

ETA: I meant to correct bouquet but got post happy!

Replies

• Katey911
    Katey911 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am not doing either. I feel the same way as you with the garter toss and am not even planning on wearing one.

I always hated the bouquet toss when I was single and do not want to push my single friends (which is a small number to start with!) into something they'll be uncomfortable with.
  • kimkim2014
    kimkim2014 Posts: 29
    Options
    I too am skipping both. My flower package comes with a toss bouquet so I will be giving it to the couple who has been married the longest. No garter toss.
  • Itsjustme86
    Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We aren't doing either! I don't need anyone including my FI head up my hot sweaty dress lol and we don't have enough friends who aren't married yet to be bothered with them
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Also not doing either. I think they are kind of silly and outdated...no offensive to anyone that is doing it! I am just not into it. I always hated having to go out for the bouquet toss, it is embarrassing and the garter toss always feels a bit uncomfortable and awkward just watching...lol.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    We are not doing them. This is a second marriage for both of us and we are older.

Boquet toss:
    ~ I am not carrying a boquet. Throwing my pinwheel could cause serious injury.

Garter toss:
    ~ I can't imagine the horror our kids would experience if he stuck his head under my dress.

All the silly dances:
    ~ My dad is dead.
    ~ His mom can barely walk.
    ~ Nothing is more boring for a guest than wanting to dance but having to sit through the first dance, bride with dad, groom with mom, the entire bridal party, the married couple dance, the surprise special dance the bridesmaids choregraphed to relive their glory days on the high school dance team, and the shoe game.