MFP LeTour Grand Tour Challenge - Results

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
Results for the Second section of the Grand Tour Challenge (Le Tour de France) are as Follows:

first of all the Yellow Jersey overall competition...

1st.gif - Rider #301 - FatDadSlim a clear 200km ahead of anyone else. Chapeau!

YellowJersey-MFP_301.jpg

2nd.gif - Rider #309 - :embarassed: Me... 1022.20km's, scraped onto the podium, and finally into the 1,000+ club.

3rd.gif - Rider #304 - Harkesy - 998.40km's another strong ride.

The competition for the Sprinters Jersey was pretty much as expected after the last couple of challenges...

1st.gif - Rider #303 - Cloggsy71 with an astounding average of 32.40kph, which would have been higher but for riding to work one day with his wife!

GreenJersey_final_303.jpg

2nd.gif - Rider #313 - goonas - just a tad under 30kph overall at 29.19kph

3rd.gif - Rider #302 - christophenes with an average of 27.83kph making the podium this time, after his near miss in the Giro

And Finally, the Polka Dot Jersey Climbers competition...

1st.gif - Rider #301 - FatDadSlim, once again commuting back and forth over a mountain range... 21,669m of ascent (that's 17.73m of ascent for every Km ridden in the challenge...) amazing :noway:

KOMJersey_MFP_301.jpg

2nd.gif - Rider #307 - narak_lol - 11,872m of ascent (or 12.08m for every Km ridden)

3rd.gif - Rider #304 - harksey - 7,911m of ascent (or 7.92m per Km ridden)

Hopefully, the final results are now showing in the spreadsheet at

http://www.editgrid.com/user/thebigyin/MFP_LeTour_Challenge_2013

And As always well done to everyone who got out there and did a ride and joined in the fun...

Replies

• KansasRider
    KansasRider Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Amazing job FDS! Great riding everyone!
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    and thank you again for doing it all again.

:smile:

Well done to all people that gave it a go :smile: and congratulations to all those that made the podium.
  • harksy
    harksy Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Well done FDS and Epic Climbing to boot

Excellent challenge again TBY! a fantastic effort yourself!
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Congrats too all...
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Well done all you jersey winners - look forward to seeing them as your profile pics :)

Thanks to all for a great challenge, roll on La Vuelta - arrrrrrrriba!!
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congradulations everyone - this was fun, perhaps I will have a little more time during the Velta :)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Glad you all enjoyed it... anyone got any bright ideas for a 1 day challenge based on the Worlds ? :laugh:

best I could come up with was something based around the week or so the worlds are being run - declare your longest ride, and a 10 mile time trial... longest ride gets the mens/womens road, fastest 10 get the mens/womens TT, and you get to have the "arc en ciel" on the side of your dossards next year...
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Green Jersey! Yay!

Amazing work FDS (again!) Creditable 2nd Mr Yin!

Surely Narak should be wearing the polka dots? FDS can't wear 2 jerseys (can he?) :lol:

Loved this Challenge again TBY; chapeau for organising it!
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like the "World's" idea - of course my wife might have reservations if I decide to go all out.