I've tried it ALL before, WITHOUT GOD...

Options
Hi, my name is Mary and I am overweight lol...I feel like I should be going to Overeaters Anonymous or something :) I am 34, and for the last 15 years I have tried several "diets" in hopes of becoming healthier. However, I haven't EVER tried doing it WITH God or His guidance....In November, I am going on a mission trip to Haiti and my hope of all hopes is that I can lose a significant amount of weight by that time and that I can draw closer to God through this journey...I am looking for "wise women of faith" that could help hold me accountable and give me advise as I work toward my goal :)

Replies

• jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've found that MFP friends, particularly christian ladies have helped no end in being accountable and encouraged...
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I just started with mfp, but I have found that having people who can encourage you and hold you accountable helps alot.
  • msuffel78
    msuffel78 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback ladies !!!!
  • catinohio
    catinohio Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    msuffel78's post inspired me to dig out my Devotions for Dieters book, and I found that I had written this scripture on an index card to serve as a bookmark:

For the kingdom of God is not eating or drinking,but righteousness & peace & joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :D

I've struggled with ED and emotional eating since I was 16. (18 years)

I FINALLY realized that I needed to give it to God a few months ago. For some reason I never thought of doing so before.

HE has changed me. I am much less of an emotional eater now, because of HIM.