Thank you Crossfit!!

Options
So I set out on this crazy adventure this weekend: With pretty much no prior experience, my BF and I and another couple set out in the bush on a two day kayak / canoe trip (Me and my BF were in kayaks, the other two were in a canoe). We had no idea what we were getting into. It was a lot tougher than I thought and the portage trails were rough. We had to carry our boats and our gear up and down rocks, over logs, through swamps, over a beaver dam, not to mention the 30 sumthin KM's we had to paddle...then near the end of day two when we knew we weren't going to make it to our final destination we bailed out on this trail that was about 2-2.5 KM from the highway where my parents were meeting us to pick us up. The other couple managed with their canoe, and my BF and I transported one kayak all the way, then I ran all the way back with the other guy (cause my BF was injured) to get the second kayak and we carried it to the HWY too. We even managed to coordinate a slow jog with the kayak on our shoulders cause we just wanted out of there as quickly as possible....the mosquitos were also eating us alive at this point, urging us to keep moving to get away from them.

Needless to say, I am so thankful for all the gruelling hard WOD's I have done in my crossfit training. Though I must say that this two day trip was probably one of the most (physically) difficult things I have ever done, and though we had no idea what to expect for this trip since none of had done it before, at least I was prepared both physically and mentally to deal with this sort of challenge and I owe that all the my training and Crossfit! Can't wait to do it again, just need to find some more victims, er, um, people willing to go with me :)

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love how CrossFit prepares you for everything. Someone once asked me what I was training for and my reply.... LIFE!!!

I want to do a trip like that (with bug spray and without the not finishing part).
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options
    Very cool! Yay for CF!
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    haha ya I never really know what to say when people ask me if I am training for something specific. I was just asked yesterday at the gym if I was training to compete in something (while doing bear complex at a regular gym, I guess this looks a little out of place here among the regular weight lifters)...and I said, "nope, I just compete against myself!".