How do you ladies log?

Options
SaddyPants
SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
I do not have a HRM at the moment, so I was just curious how you ladies usually log your Leslie Exercises. (Maybe before you had an HRM, or how you log them now if you don't have one) Thanks so much! :)

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Under cardiovascular - pick low impact aerobics. This is actually close to my HRM.
  • feather314
    feather314 Posts: 97
    Options
    I do the same - low impact aerobics. I do have HRM but don't use it all the time. I think its a bit wonky.
  • Montrose11
    Montrose11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think I'm in big trouble here. I've been logging it under Walking and then however many miles I did with Leslie that day. Uh-oh.
  • Montrose11
    Options
    Just another thought...what if I do a DVD that has 4 miles in an hour and one that has 5 miles in an hour? Would they still be the same amount of calories? I wouldn't think so. Maybe me putting it under "Walking" isn't so far fetched.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I used to log all my Leslie walks under "walking" but now that I have my Fitbit so it just comes over as steps (much easier to track imo) :laugh:
  • TeaBea
    Options
    Just another thought...what if I do a DVD that has 4 miles in an hour and one that has 5 miles in an hour? Would they still be the same amount of calories? I wouldn't think so. Maybe me putting it under "Walking" isn't so far fetched.

No, it's not far fetched .....you're putting in your walking speed. Boosted walking (the 5 miles in an hour must have some boosts) would technically be high-impact aerobics ......so overall walks with boosts in them are mixed impact aerobics. It's really pretty close.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options

No, it's not far fetched .....you're putting in your walking speed. Boosted walking (the 5 miles in an hour must have some boosts) would technically be high-impact aerobics ......so overall walks with boosts in them are mixed impact aerobics. It's really pretty close.

so should those be listed as general aerobics? or would they still be low impact. For the past week and a half i have been doing the 5 mile boosted walk.
  • TeaBea
    Options

so should those be listed as general aerobics? or would they still be low impact. For the past week and a half i have been doing the 5 mile boosted walk.

When I put my numbers in they look like this:

5 Mile Fat Burning Walk ..... miles are listed as 12 & 13 minutes. I forget how many boosts this has because I don't have the DVD anymore..... but a couple minutes each mile maybe?

Anyway

71 calories for 12 minutes of low impact aerobics

92 calories for 12 minutes of general aerobics.... no mixed impact available (my bad)

99 calories for 12 minutes of high impact aerobics

113 calories for 12 minutes of walking at 5 MPH.

I can burn 250 calories for 30 minutes of Leslie (HRM) ..... if I use handweights & really push it. Over 1 or 2 miles this isn't a really big variance, but for 5 miles .....hmmm that could be a problem.

113 calories does seem pretty high.... general aerobics is pretty close though.
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options

When I put my numbers in they look like this:

5 Mile Fat Burning Walk ..... miles are listed as 12 & 13 minutes. I forget how many boosts this has because I don't have the DVD anymore..... but a couple minutes each mile maybe?

Anyway

71 calories for 12 minutes of low impact aerobics

92 calories for 12 minutes of general aerobics.... no mixed impact available (my bad)

99 calories for 12 minutes of high impact aerobics

113 calories for 12 minutes of walking at 5 MPH.

I can burn 250 calories for 30 minutes of Leslie (HRM) ..... if I use handweights & really push it. Over 1 or 2 miles this isn't a really big variance, but for 5 miles .....hmmm that could be a problem.

113 calories does seem pretty high.... general aerobics is pretty close though.

Ok thank you!!
  • Montrose11
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. It seems like my logging has been generally accurate!

I've been getting up 1+ hours early every day (except Sunday, my day of rest) to do Leslie's workouts. I never thought I'd be able to drag myself out of bed earlier, but I'm doing it! In the DVD I did this morning, she commented that people who workout in the moring tend to stick with it more. I hope I can continue and be one of them.

Have fun, Walkers!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    For myself I log my walks as cardio exercise. I either use Aerobics, low impact or Walking, 4.0 mph, very brisk pace (both have the same cal count) for most of my miles. Doing it this way averages out the warm up and cool down/ stretches as well as the actual walks.

For some of the DVDs with the several boosted intervals or faster miles I will use 4.5 mph. Those are my estimates and it has worked well for me.

Also, I would expect that actual cals burned would be different for each person depending on the kind of mile on the particular DVD (using weights for instance either as recommended by the DVD or what one decides to add in extra), as well as the person's level of fitness or even current weight or state of health or energy. That is why with out owning a HRM I consider these estimates for myself. I did loose weight using this method. I hope that you find a method that works for you :smile:

Again this is what worked for me.

Hope this helps.
    :flowerforyou:
  • necee99
    Options
    I used to log all my Leslie walks under "walking" but now that I have my Fitbit so it just comes over as steps (much easier to track imo) :laugh:

so how many steps is it?