6 weeks pregnant and pink spotting. Need reassurance!

Options
So I am due march 15thish and yesterday I noticed very light pink spotting. I have had no abnormal cramping, but last night there were a couple of spots of more reddish blood. I called my OB clinic and they didn't seem concerned as long as it was light and I had no cramping. I don't remember spotting with my last pregnancy, and I've had a miscarriage before. I'm stressing myself out so badly, and everytime you have the smallest cramp I start getting very upset. I had an ultrasound and pap on the 15th which showed the sac and yolk. Has anyone had spotting this early and been ok? Its almost none existent today which is good but I'm terrified to work out or do anything. Any reassurance would be most appreciated.

Replies

• moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The spotting could be from the pap. Last time I was pregnant they told me not to freak out if I had a little spotting after my pap. Hope everything is ok. Hope you can find some time to rest a little today. I've had 2 recent miscarriages, so I TOTALLY understand how you feel. Hugs.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I am almost 17 weeks with my rainbow baby. With this pregnancy, I spotted and even had one big period like bleed from the day before I was due to get my period up until I was 7.5 weeks. I thought for sure I was losing the baby but I didn't. It was so scary because I also spotted with my last pregnancy that ended up in a missed miscarriage. The only difference in the spotting between the two was that with this one it was red. With the last it was pink and then dark brown.

I would insist on a ultrasound if I were you. It is super common to spot but I think having the piece of mind to know that everytthing is ok is very important. Best of luck to you!!!!!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    I can relate. I've had a miscarriage & w my 2 daughters (currently 22 weeks w second) I had bleeding w both. First at 6 weeks that lasted about 20 days & this time at 9 weeks, very heavy & lasted a few weeks. I say take it as easy as you can. And like said before, ifyou start actually bleeding, get a sono. Tale care & try to relax.
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My dr told me not to freak if I had spotting after the pap or having intercourse. But if it's anything more than a little spotting then I would be worried if I were you.
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    how are you doing?
  • meghanvest
    meghanvest Posts: 92
    Options
    I stopped spotting. It lasted about a day. My symptoms are still going like crazy, so I'm feeling better about. Maybe I over did my workout that day. Or maybe it was from the pap, but it seems to have resolved itself for now. Still won't be 100% ok until I have my ultrasound on the 30th
  • Pokee1
    Pokee1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your feeling better!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Glad that you stopped, keep thinking positive thoughts!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    :-)