Melrose Bar August 10

Options
kimad
kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
Hey guys,

In the pub post we started talking about August 10.

I am going out on August 10th for my birthday to Melrose.
I think it would be fun, and a big crowd if we wanted to combine the two.

Shannon (skrakalka) has a birthday on Aug 4 and can make it out for Aug 10.

What do ya'll say?
Spouses, friends, etc. are invited.

Let me know within the next couple weeks cause I can reserve a table there.

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Works absolutely perfectly for me! I don't have my daughter that day so I am in!
  • kimad
    Options
    yay! that's awesome, Melanie is coming too!

Would your boyfriend come?
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    I will have to ask him and see but I am sure he would come :)

Glad Mel is coming too!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Does Melrose have dancing? I can't believe I moved here almost 9 yrs ago and have never been.
  • rjh1975
    rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Gah - I'd love to go but it's the same day as the Mud Hero (just outside Red Deer) and our kids will have already been with a sitter for 8 hours. I'm thinking I may have to try for next time...
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I wish I could make it, but I'll be in L.A. that day, recovering from The Concert. Have fun, tho!
  • kimad
    Options
    Does Melrose have dancing? I can't believe I moved here almost 9 yrs ago and have never been.

I guess you could say there was a mini dance floor, not sure I have saw anyone use it.

We could always start at Melrose for the low key ones, and head out to a club to dance after??
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say I'm in - my son is part of a three boy surprise 16th birthday party that day. I have a strong feeling he won't want me anywhere near after I drop him off, but you never know! I will have to sneak in a pic or two, but will definitely be ready for an adult beverage after that!
  • MightyDomo
    Options
    Haha, I bet they'd want no parents for their party lol.

Kim, he said he'd come and put it in his calendar so we should be there :) I am going to ask one of my best friends if she wants to come too as she is on this site too and I bet she would love to have a night out.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    No dancing for me, babysitter is out of town then so my husband has to stay home hence I'll be driving myself.
  • kimad
    Options
    Chantel - yay!! Anyone is welcome.. there will be non MFP people there due to my birthday too!

Shannon - I am sure someone could pick you up if you wanted to have a couple drinks. Not like a wild night out, but you know what I mean. We have some time to worry about it. Just throwing it out there.

Between MFP and my friends (for my bday) I think I will reserve about 15 spots at Melrose.

If anyone else is interested let me know asap as I am going away Friday I need to book it before then!

Thanks!
  • kimad
    Options
    I am leaving on holidays tomorrow so I will count in who has responded.
    I am booking at Melrose for 7pm for 15 people.

If anyone else wants to go, you are obviously more than welcome :)