Working out at home (on carpet) and SHOES

Options
healthymissfit
healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
So, I'm doing Insanity, and I have been for a while now, and I like to wear gym shoes even on my carpet while working out, but I don't have a good pair anymore and the pair I've been wearing is damaging my ankles BAD. Do you wear shoes when you work out at home? Is it better or worse to go barefoot? Any ideas?

Replies

• StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Personally I workout barefoot onto a wooden floor.

But then I danced for 20 years throughout my childhood, all of which was barefoot, so I feel like I am very used to it.

You can always give it a try? Ease into it and you might find it solves your problems!!
  • erindh87
    erindh87 Posts: 94
    Options
    I've been doing Turbofire barefoot. I started out with shoes, but the friction between the carpet and the shoes was increasing the torque on my knees and causing them to hurt. When I started going barefoot, the torque pressure decreased a lot, and they're feeling quite a bit better now. I haven't gone barefoot long enough to determine if that will cause issues with my ankles. Hopefully not.
  • marsbar07
    marsbar07 Posts: 4
    Options
    I do Insanity, P90x and Zumba all on my barefeet (either on carpet or tile depending on where in the house I am). I'm not a fan of shoes anyway but when I run I have to wear certain shoes with custom made arches or else I have horrible arch pain...funny enough I have NO problems working out barefoot.