Members wanted

Options
johnelwell
johnelwell Posts: 38 Member
:wink: Hi Folks
We have only been formed a short while but I believe we have achieved some great results, I was hoping the group would grow and the support we give each other could spread to new members. If you know of anyone who wants to join us please let them know about us. Thanks for all the feed back on how you are all doing, its keeping me focused and I now have found that I want to do a nutritionists course so that I can help others more

Replies

• mosy04
    mosy04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for all your help when someone coments its good it helps cheers x
  • johnelwell
    Options
    Thank you, I would love us to get more members so we can all help more.
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Nutrition courses are always awesome, except that most dieticians and nutritionalist still think we need multiple vitamins instead of whole food. No one really knows unless they have blood work done how much A, B, C etc we need on a daily basis and here in the states our insurance doesn't cover these tests normally unless the dr can convince the insurance company he reason for needing the information. But we do know we need 7-13 raw fruits & veggies everyday according to the National Institutes of Health, American Cancer Society etc, to prevent disease. No one honestly can do it easily so they encourage vitamins which can have very very harmful effects on our bodies, even causing some cancers. As hippocrates said many years ago, Let Food Be Thy Medicine :)) I see so many people here eating junk, processed foods, I get it they want to continue to eat the way they are and still lose weight, but my focus here is to reverse any damage I may have done already before it becomes a disease. Prevention will keep us all healthy :))
  • johnelwell
    Options
    Hi Kelly
    Thanks for the comments, I have to agree with you - tablet for this and potion for that is not the way to go. I have been interested in staying healthy for as long as I can remember but I know a lot of people who haven't got a clue what they are eating and why they are putting on weight. I checked various web sites and some agree with each other while others are miles apart and so I did some research of my own. So far I have come to the conclusion that the principle of skipping lunch and calorie restricting as outlined in the 5;2 diet works for me. I think the health side of the fasting is more important than the weight control side if I am honest. I had to personailse my information on the MFP as the protein intake I felt was low (again looking at other sites there was a difference in the calculations they were giving so I chose one which seems to work for me) I have lost weight, felt improvements in fitness performance levels and seem to have come up with a maintenance plan that works for me.

Hope you are doing alright on your journey, I always enjoy reading your diary as it looks like some thought has gone into it.

Great to talk with you
    John
    x
  • storknursekelly
    storknursekelly Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi John,

Yes, I try to get a variety in if I can. I really feel the difference not eating dairy & meat. For me it's inflammatory. I can really tell a difference. This for me is about restoring my health & preventing any diseases. I have a low thyroid (Hashimoto's) and take synthroid for it daily, other than that I don't have any health problems. Because I have had some back issues from work & now the torn meniscus, I have been pretty sedentary this past year & in May my dr pointed out my fasting blood sugar was up a bit, so I immediately got on the band wagon of prevention & said ok it's time to really crack down. I've always chose healthy foods over junk or restaurant foods, I just don't feel good when I eat that yucky stuff, but my portions of even the healthy stuff was way over & I am a stress eater. I am majorly focused on no matter how long it takes or how slow I lose the fat it's coming off lol !! Thank you for all your information. This is a great site to help others reach their goals.
  • johnelwell
    Options
    Hi Kelly

Thanks for the reply, sorry its took this long to get back to you - I only have just come on the computer because of the holiday, i normally do all my weekday logging on my phone and had not seen the message until today. I eat not through stress but when I have forgotten my fluids, if I have come in from training and am thirsty its just so easy to hit the biscuits, thankfully have not done that for months. I always picture the man without water in the desert and the man with water but on very low calorie intake in the concentration camps during the war, who would survive the longest? it helps me get a glass of water i can tell you.
    Little and slow on the fast loss is good, hope it keeps working for you for from what i can read you are one of the MFP members who WILL get to your goals.
    Good luck to you