Satisfying your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food

Options
Ksumare
Ksumare Posts: 62 Member
God is just so amazing and worthy to be praised! I believe all things are possible through Christ including weight loss. I really had to learn to trust him and feed myself with his word when I felt my appetite getting out of control. A book that really helped put some things into persepective was "Made to Crave: Satisfying your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food" Written by Lysa Terkeurst.

This book helped me to see that God, in all his perfection did make us to crave food, but not the junk that we are used to eating; more so the spirtitual food that adds nutrition for our sousl. It really helped me to see physical food for what it is and to build a habit of craving God's fruit.

I am not saying that it was some miricle book that instantly changed me, but it gave me the tools that I needed to seriously begin the transformation that I so needed in my life. You can get this book online almost everywhere. I would love to hear back from anyone who begins reads it.

Replies

• noahsmama33
    noahsmama33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    AMEN! Thanks for sharing! God is in control and trusting in him is the best thing anyone can do!
  • Haley_Diane
    Haley_Diane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I realize this is an older thread, but I think it's worth reviving. :-)

I found Made to Crave free on Amazon a while back. Then I went on an "Oh goodness, there are WAY too many free books on my Kindle" purge and accidentally deleted it. Grr!

Just bought it again (It's $2.99 for the Kindle Edition!) and I want to start reading it NOW!

Would anyone be interested in reading along with me? Maybe we can discuss it as we read?
  • carakhuffman
    Options
    I wouldn't mind reading it with you Haley. I have a Nook and am new to the group. Don't get much time to read with 3 little ones, but I would love to attempt it!
  • Haley_Diane
    Haley_Diane Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cara I'm so excited! I'm reading it on my Kindle and highlighting passages that really speak to me. I'd say about 1/3 of the book so far is highlighted. :-)

If it works for you, maybe I'll start threads for each chapter and we can share our thoughts. I look forward to reading different perspectives!
  • Robertsollady
    Robertsollady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    AMEN! Thanks for sharing! God is in control and trusting in him is the best thing anyone can do!