About the Lazyman

Options
lazytolight
lazytolight Posts: 38 Member
A Lazyman Marathon is a full marathon (26.2 miles/42.2 km) but instead of taking a few hours you have a whole month to complete it. You can walk, run, skip, or jump the distance but you must use you feet. Biking doesn't count however. You may break up the total distance anyway you want: walk a mile every day for 26 of the days, run a couple miles every few days, cram the last week, etc.

The challenge will run from August 1 through August 31.

Replies

• skyzfit
    skyzfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is on calendar. Success is just around the corner!
  • lazytolight
    Options
    Great to hear it, glad you joined!
  • daddysquish
    Options
    I'm in ready to go :)
  • skyzfit
    skyzfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    been gearing up for this... got a ride to the gym:laugh: did treadmill before strength training:bigsmile: and then walked hom:happy: e.
  • whitneysmomma
    whitneysmomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Besides biking, what else doesn't count? I do the elliptical and the crossramp machine at the gym...do those count?
  • lazytolight
    Options
    I don't know about the elliptical. Does your machine track distance in miles? Mine doesn't so I wouldn't count it for me however I understand that there are those who prefer the elliptical because it's gentler on your joints so if you can figure out distance I would say sure. And I don't know anything about the crossramp but I would say if its in a similar motion to what you would do in an actual marathon (like walk/run) and if you can track distance sure.

The purpose of this is to get us moving and since this isn't like a real challenge with real prizes, other than satisfaction, I wouldn't be too strict on the cans and can'ts. But a good rule of thumb is "can/would I do this during a real marathon?" There are other types of lazymans out there too. The first one I learned about was the triathlon in which you complete the Ironman in a month. But I'm not a strong swimmer with a lot of access to a pool so I decided against that one.
  • whitneysmomma
    whitneysmomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yep, all the machines I use track miles :)