Feeling a little bumbed today

Options
The last two days I have been feeling more bumbed about the infertility issues. I'm sure it stems from having to hear all about the royal baby every where you turn, even the christian station I listen to talks about it. The other part Is that my father-in-law passed two weeks ago and I feel just so sad that I was never able to make him a grandpa, and my mother-in-law wants a grandbaby so bad.

I feel very alone in my feelings now, would normally talk to my husband about it but so much is going on with his emotions with the passing of his father I don't want to bother him with it. I did offer to my husband to take a few months off from trying but he wants a baby now more than ever.

Replies

• artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss, and I am sorry that you've been feeling external and internal pressure to have the elusive grandchild. It's unfair that some women who crave families have to endure infertility issues. Feel free to message me if you want to talk more. Sending positive thoughts your way.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    We've all been there - it's an emotional roller coaster and sometimes you're at the bottom before you even know it.
    I really do advocate taking a break, at least from "trying" in the sense of really focusing on ovulation and everything. Don't stop having sex though, LOL!

ETA: The royal baby is a pain in the butt.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I gave up having a child in 2009, March to be exact. The doctor told me I would have to lose over a hundred pounds before they would try me on Clomid. I got pregnant the next month. Her 3rd since 2008. Since I had Alexander, I haven't been able to get pregnant again, and it upsets me. I've had to block one of my pregnant friends posts on Facebook, because she's on her 3rd pregnancy since I've met her in 2006. So I understand. Sometimes you need to take a break from it. PCOS is a mean beast, and the constant news of what is hard for us to have is so cutting to the heart.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    ^^ Just wanted to reiterate the break thing. (I mentioned it before but it's important!). Both times I've gotten pregnant were during "breaks".
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The last two days I have been feeling more bumbed about the infertility issues. I'm sure it stems from having to hear all about the royal baby every where you turn, even the christian station I listen to talks about it. The other part Is that my father-in-law passed two weeks ago and I feel just so sad that I was never able to make him a grandpa, and my mother-in-law wants a grandbaby so bad.

I feel very alone in my feelings now, would normally talk to my husband about it but so much is going on with his emotions with the passing of his father I don't want to bother him with it. I did offer to my husband to take a few months off from trying but he wants a baby now more than ever.

I feel your pain. The Royal baby, my sister, my cousin, my cousin's girlfriend, and now 2 more cousins are pregnant.... I am sorry for your loss... my experience with my only kiddo, was I told my hubby I was done and needed a break... and bam ended up pregnant that month... This time around, we have tried for almost 3 years with/without fertility drugs, breaks and everything... and it hasn't worked so great. I don't really know what the answer is. It's just hard... Hang in there, I hope you get your miracle soon!
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I gave up having a child in 2009, March to be exact. The doctor told me I would have to lose over a hundred pounds before they would try me on Clomid. I got pregnant the next month. Her 3rd since 2008. Since I had Alexander, I haven't been able to get pregnant again, and it upsets me. I've had to block one of my pregnant friends posts on Facebook, because she's on her 3rd pregnancy since I've met her in 2006. So I understand. Sometimes you need to take a break from it. PCOS is a mean beast, and the constant news of what is hard for us to have is so cutting to the heart.

I can tell how tired I was yesterday. I couldn't think strait. Hubby's schedule and a bad day for the toddler and I couldn't get things together. I thought I had put the "Her 3rd since 2008. Since I had Alexander, I haven't been able to get pregnant again, and it upsets me," after the part about blocking the friends post. Rough day, had pain in my hands and my 3 year old was acting up. But yes, I had to take a break, because it was just to disheartening.