Running Sports Bra

Options
For all my big busted girls out there....has anyone spent the big buckls ($50-$75) on a good running sports bra? I've been running for about 8 weeks straight now with a regular bra+sports bra and actually have BRUISES where they're rubbing on my bra! A plain compression bra only will NOT do that trick. Sorry for the TMI! :ohwell:

Replies

• doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! I haven't started running yet but just plain working out is difficult. I spent the $50 or so on a sports bra (or so that's what it's said to be) but the thing doesn't hold anything in place at all! I so wish that I could try out the Under Armour sports bra but they don't come in my size unfortunately :(
  • toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I haven't, BUT the cheepo sports bra I've had since high school sucks. I've been looking into trying to find one of those sports bras like the small chested wear, where you don't have to wear a bra underneath and holds. Remember though, we spend $40-50 on our regular bras, so finding a GOOD sports bra isn't going to be cheep.
  • jannalovescoffee
    jannalovescoffee Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I found this list on pinterest....just afraid to buy one and it not be any better than my current.:

http://www.self.com/blogs/flash/2012/02/the-best-sports-bra-for-big-bu.html
  • farawayviolet
    farawayviolet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I asked this question on a similar forum, as was suggested Shock Absorber. I purchased one and found it to be fantastic.
  • jannalovescoffee
    Options
    I asked this question on a similar forum, as was suggested Shock Absorber. I purchased one and found it to be fantastic.

THANK YOU FARAWAY!!!!!!!
  • ccc0131
    ccc0131 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi all! I have a similar problem, I'm big up top so I cant just wear any type of sports bar and running in cheaper ones makes it harder for me to breathe properly. Victoria Secrets VSX (i think thats the line) is absolutely amazing! It's $50 for a bra (yeah crazy expensive) but they are sooooo worth it! They have two different kinds that are for maximum support and I swear by them now.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm a 36D and I wear Nike sports bras. I think they were about $40. There are of course even better ones, but they work well for me. They really hold me in. I would never wear two bras together. That sounds like a recipe for trouble! Ouch!
  • KatieAnn_89_
    Options
    I bought the Panache Sports bra.. A little pricey, BUT OMG. I love it.. I have always had to wear 2-3 sports bras to keep from bouncing. This one reduces bounce by sooo much. fits nice and supports like a real bra.. CHECK it out
  • Glacierdani
    Options
    The best sports bra I have ever bought is by moving comfort. I have a couple of styles from them and they are all great. The ones with the underwire are freaking awesome. I am a 36dd and there is no movement. Sierra trading post sells them for about 30 dollars Sierratradingpost.com
  • laurenkk200490
    Options
    I'd absolutely recommend shock absorber! They are fantastic! No more bruised boobs for me, I love it!
  • SexNerd
    SexNerd Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I also bought a couple bras by Moving Comfort recently, and I really like them! Much better than just going to a regular store and buying a simple sports bra that really does nothing. Not even comparable. I think the key though is to get a bra in the right size. Having fit bras for a bit, I'll say that I think a lot of what people are taught is not very helpful and a lot of the measurements people take are used poorly. There is some really useful information on the internet, but also just use your common sense. If it doesn't feel right or look good, look for a different size or style. Sometimes it's the style that just isn't right, even if it looks cute hanging up. If you can look in the mirror and see that all of your breast isn't in the bra, get a bigger size cup. If they don't make it, find a different bra. If you can, without any effort and lots of space between you and the bra, hook it in front and turn it to the back, get a smaller band. The cup sizes go down too though when the band does, even if it says it's the same size cup. So, if the cup definitely fit you, but the band didn't, get a smaller band size with a bigger cup size. And let the sales people think you could never wear a bra with that big of a cup if it means you getting the right bra.

The bra I liked the most from Moving Comfort so far is called Fiona. I also have one called Divine Mesh, but I don't like it quite as much. It has an underwire though, unlike the other one. I'm short, so a lot of the ones I tried weren't adjustable in a way that I could make them fit me. However, the Fiona has very adjustable straps!
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the Panache bra off of BareNecessities.com! Thanks so much for this thread and everyone else's weigh-ins (no pun intended :) )!
  • jannalovescoffee
    Options
    I finally purchased one from Lane Bryant. Not necessarily my first choice but it was 50% off! I've used it a couple times to both run and do Zumba...i LOVE it so far! I also LOVE not having to wear 2 bras now that its Summer!
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I finally purchased one from Lane Bryant. Not necessarily my first choice but it was 50% off! I've used it a couple times to both run and do Zumba...i LOVE it so far! I also LOVE not having to wear 2 bras now that its Summer!

Yeah,l I'm sooooooooo looking forward to not having to double-bra. It'll be such a weird change since it's pretty much all I've ever known when it's come to working out -- I know it'll feel odd and almost "wrong" at first but I'm beyond ready for it!
  • hnahae
    hnahae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was a from 32 DD to 32 E so it was really hard for me to find a sports bra. I unfortunately bought a few expensive ones that either weren't supportive enough(VSX) or way uncomfortable(CW-X). I now own three of the shock absorber sports bras and absolutely love them. Very supportive without feeling like you're being crushed. Hope that helps!