Welcome

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
Welcome to the New, Hopefully Improved version of the MFP Strava Group. Hopefully We'll be able to keep it moving along a little more than the prior version - it was all a little slow moving and quiet in there - but I'm hoping to be able to get things moving along a bit better in here.

Replies

• narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say hi to everyone :glasses:
  • Snowoutspokin
    Options
    Hey guys and gals. Happy riding. Thanks TBY!
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up TBY, lets see some Strava stats :smile: for us geeks out there!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Hey, you want stats - look at my thread about Veloviewer... it's sort of a Data Mining application for Strava.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1057427-anyone-else-tried-veloviewer?page=1#posts-16246617

Does some other interesting stuff as well... like my siggy block...

---
    SigImage.php?a=2b6d6&r=4&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefijlh&z=a.png
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just checking in! Took a break from cycling and running to get my planter fascitis (sp?) healed up, but I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi, new strava user here. I'm just logging daily commutes and weekend rides but im really enjoying the app and trying to beat my previous times!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Hi, new strava user here. I'm just logging daily commutes and weekend rides but im really enjoying the app and trying to beat my previous times!

That's always how it begins... before you know it, your entering the monthly challenges, joining the Strava MFP Virtual Cycling Club, throwing your hat into the ring for the MFP Grand Tour challenges over in the Century+ group and your number of bikes increases exponentially... :laugh:

Welcome Aboard the good ship "legion of the damned" :wink:
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in, but doesn't seem to be a lively group yet?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Probably as it's getting towards the end of the season for lots of us - there's not a great deal of excitement in logging trainer rides I guess...
  • krue1971
    Options
    That's one advantage to living down south...it's perfect riding weather now.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Down south makes very little difference here... Small country, maritime climate... Now if you mean flying to SA for the winter :shrug:
  • krue1971
    Options
    Southeastern US, hot and muggy most of the time. We are usually limited by mud (on our MTB trails) not temps.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Oh, we do mud, lots of mud...:laugh:
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hello all.
    I have a question. I just have your basic K-mart huffy mountain bike, and would like to know how often to change and grease the crank. Also how often to clean and lube the chain. I ride up to 100 or more mile a week on average. Any help would be appreciated, since my bike is down now :sad: , so I cannot ride till this is fixed. Also what are the best products to use?
    Thank you for any help you have to offer.
    Cheers!
    P.S. I only ride road,no dirt mud or in the great wild.
  • clickybang
    clickybang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, new member here. I've just joined, both here and over on Strava, and have never used the group feature on either (yup, a thinly veiled plea to go easy on me!).

I've been gifted a new CX bike as an early Xmas present, and since I live in NZ and it's meant to be spring here, I've been getting out on the weekends. Not quite at the level where I can use the bike to commute, since I live off a state highway that gets crazybusy, and the crosswind tends to get quite dangerous for newbies every afternoon, but I'm having fun and have so far managed to stop myself from getting overly obsessed with segments.

Looking forward to finding out how this group stuff works, thanks for the invite :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Welcome aboard - this isn't exactly the most fast-paced group - i'm guessing most of us are generally out riding, but I try and keep things going - there are usually threads each month on the Strava "Challenges" - and the group also comes into it's own a little when the Challenges from the Century+ Cycling group kick into effect during... stick with us, we're a (mostly) friendly bunch :smile:
  • clickybang
    clickybang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm a little torn over Strava - my partner uses it and I kinda like the segment/leaderboard thing as a motivator, but it doesn't sync with MFP (and there are other services that do). Hopefully they'll open it back up for compatibility soon.