Calorie counting and WW

Options

Replies

• mamagez
    mamagez Posts: 4
    Options
    I did WW for 3 yrs and lost about 35 lbs. I stopped going~too much going on to make it to meetings~and got 15 if it back! I have the WW points plus app(greasemonkey userscript) and I LOVe IT!!! I use my fitness pal for FREE and get the benefit of WW!!!! By making the changes in the userscript, you get the new Pts. Plus-FREE!!!
  • kristenfischer12
    Options
    i wanna figure out how to get that script in--it's a jumble of text. where do i copy/paste it to? i don't get it:)
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    :smile: I count points too, but keep aware of calories also..by tracking here. I love WW:heart: points!
  • Carol_
    Options
    I have the WW points Script..and do not know if it works without Firefox. I have had it so long, I don't even remember how I did it. but..in addition to tracking calories, it tracks :heart: points.:smile:
  • Carol_
    Options
    I'll look late tonight when I have more time.. I have had mine so long that I forgot. But I:heart: love it! :heart:
  • Carol_
    Options
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949 < try this. But I think it has to be with the Firefox browser only.
    :smile:
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just joined WW 9 days ago and love it!!! I've lost almost 4 lbs. and I don't feel deprived, guilty, like quitting... I'm only 9 days in, but it feels like the right fit for me. I'm going to meetings and weighing in. I have 16 lbs to go, so hopefully I will only be paying for another month or 2.
  • mamagez
    Options
    I was on WW for several years. I now use MFP (FREE) with the WW Points user script (FREE)!! My Fitness Pal tracks the NEW WW Points Plus and is so easy touse!:flowerforyou:
  • Carol_
    Options
    Not sure...but think it only works with Firefox.
  • mamagez
    Options
    It also works with google chrome, but not with explorer.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i had it on here, than MFP updated i lost it and can't get it back. it was with chrome.
  • Caramalhoney
    Options
    I feel you! I am thinking of becoming a member again but the cost plus my gym memebership..YIKES!
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who is tracking both ways? I'm still figuring out a way to make it work but I'm losing weight with it. I go to the meetings because I need the extra push.
  • twentyxthree
    Options
    Hello everyone!

It seems as if I'm in the same boat as all of you... I have been on and off weight watchers and MFP and have found that I do better with the point system on WW. The last time I was on WW was in 2010, I lost about 20 lbs and stopped because I didn't want to pay anymore. What a bad decision that was. I gained the 20 lbs back and now I'm going to join WW again at some point within the next few weeks.

I have the same username on MFP that I do on WW, so if any of you would like to add me as a friend, go right ahead! We are all in this together!

Good luck!
  • 0Caligirl0
    0Caligirl0 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I installed the firefox points script for MFP to track points... One question, does anyone know how to enter our points daily goals? Also is there a way to track weekly free points? I'm new to WW, but have been on MFP for a couple months. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822197-how-to-track-weight-watchers-points-on-mfp?page=14#posts-16436493
  • Caramalhoney
    Options
    Im thinking of going back to WW as well.
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. Ever since I have been on MFP, no matter what I do I am just up and down the same couple of pounds. WW worked for me so I think I should just go back to it. I downloaded Firefox and was able to get the script to work for me which shows me the points on here so at least I can still do it for free.
  • Joleca
    Joleca Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Went back to WW on Saturday and have been dual tracking.. love the idea of the PP showing up in MFP as well as the nutritional info..
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    wish meetings were cheaper if you didn't use all their tools (like the online tracking). I would definitely go to meetings and just track through MFP with the script....fixing to start back to tracking points through MFP. I lose better with points than counting calories for some reason...
  • Joleca
    Joleca Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amber, WW is having a promo now if you're not currently a Monthly Pass member... Prepay 6 months of monthly pass at 50% off ($128.95) for six months.

If you're interested go to www.weightwatchers.com/6months (if you do have eTools, log out first.. it will ask for your ID and password if you already have one).. Works out to having both the meetings and online tools for only $4.95 a week. I decided to do that and went back last weekend.. I need the "face-to-face" accountability and at half price I'm now committed till the end of June.