HELP!!!

98777 Posts: 108 Member
Guys,

I am very frantic and panicked right now. I have lost about 17 lb so far. Somehow, I managed to reel in my eating during that time. Eating has always been the biggest obstacle for me.

Now, however, my appetite has returned to the state it was before, back when I felt that I couldn't reel it in and lose weight.

I don't know how this happened or how to get back. I've lost control. I am trying to stay around maintenance calories or to a little over. I'm very frightened and ashamed and I know if I can't get control again then I am going to lose my progress, regain weight, and be unable to lose any more. I've been off track for a few weeks now and I don't know what to do. I feel like crying. Help me please.....

Also, I've been able to do okay during the day, but when night comes, it's like all I can do to find peace is to eat, and it's killing me because I don't want to be fat anymore but I don't know how else to cope. Any ideas? (And please don't be hateful, I can't take it right now....thanks.)

Note: I'm posting this in multiple groups and spots for best results, just in case anyone sees it multiple times....

Replies

• charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Rem I have mailed this reply to you, along with a message.

You may want to search the net for tips on stopping bingeing, and depending on which country you live in, you can ring the BEAT helpine. I know you dont class yourself as having an eating disorder, but the tips for helping with overeating are roughly the same. Water will help fill you up. You can try chewing gum, which will give the illusion of eating as you are chewing (though this is NOT recommended, as it is considered pro-ED), a structured eating plan with food roughly ever 3 hours:breakfast,snack,lunch,snack,dinner, snack. Erm...the biggest thing, which wont be what you want to hear, is distraction. Sugar free jelly is a good substitute for high calorie, sweet snacks. Lollipops can be good too-but lick them, dont bite them.
    I really cant think of anything else right now, but it also depends what youre eating a lot of ...is it sweet things? savoury snacks? Giant meals? Anything and everything?