Introduce Yourself! :)

Options
Let's get to know each other! :) ..I'm married to a military man who i have 3 children with..all boys! I've never had a problem with weight until recently having my 3rd son. With my first son, I went home in my same jeans and flat tummy, 2nd i was a little chubby but lost the weight in 3 months, now with my 3rd son who is 2 months now soon going on 3 months isn't so easy too lose and going thru postpartum depression may not help either. I've done Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred before and it worked wonders! So I am looking forward to having all of you join me in shredding thru august and maybe we can keep shredding or try another Jillian Michaels DVD for September!

Just thought it be nice to get to know each other! :)

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 DS previously, was just about to start level 2 and my appendix decided it'd had enough. It took me 3 months to get back to the point of being able to exercise again, so I'd love to give it another go. I'm also working through the C25K running training program, so I know that I won't be able to complete all 30 days in August, but I figure I can at the very least knock out through level two
  • raqmartins
    raqmartins Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey! I'm Raquel and I really want to give it a go! I have 30DS but haven't even opened the case yet; it looks like really hard work, but I think I'm still not fit enough to do it. I started on MFP at 271, so I'm very heavy, but I'll try, because I've heard people that are even heavier than me have pulled it off. Here's hoping! I'm on board, August 1st! :)

Cheers :)
  • sunnysteph0420
    sunnysteph0420 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Got my DVD have never done this one before very excited to try it. I dont have much of a workout routine right now so I definitely need to do this. Ive lost 30lbs so far but I have another 20 to go.
  • happyheart24
    Options
    Im a first time mom to a7 month old and although I have used every excuse in the book, it is time to just focus and lose the rest of the baby weight! I have a busy schedule so I struggle with what time to work out. The evenings, after dinner and the baby is in bed, are probably best but I hear it is not good to work out before bed like that. Does anyone have real life experiences with this? I figure any time is better than nothing, right?! I have done 3DS before but just as a workout and not as a program because I could never stick to it, but hopefully I do better this time.

I look forward to working out with you all soon! Good luck!!
  • ArmyWifee21
    Options
    Im a first time mom to a7 month old and although I have used every excuse in the book, it is time to just focus and lose the rest of the baby weight! I have a busy schedule so I struggle with what time to work out. The evenings, after dinner and the baby is in bed, are probably best but I hear it is not good to work out before bed like that. Does anyone have real life experiences with this? I figure any time is better than nothing, right?! I have done 3DS before but just as a workout and not as a program because I could never stick to it, but hopefully I do better this time.

I look forward to working out with you all soon! Good luck!!

I've worked out morning and evening before and it seemed to be working. The workouts are 20-25 minutes, so they aren't that long and they do work! Sometimes when I couldn't for some reason do morning workout, Id do evening. But I mostly do morning because it wakes me up and I'm done for the rest of my day unless I go for a evening walk with my husband and kiddos or myself sometimes! :) As long as you do it, that's all that matters! I also heard working out at night helps you not want to snack? If that makes any sense.. lol
  • ArmyWifee21
    Options
    Hey! I'm Raquel and I really want to give it a go! I have 30DS but haven't even opened the case yet; it looks like really hard work, but I think I'm still not fit enough to do it. I started on MFP at 271, so I'm very heavy, but I'll try, because I've heard people that are even heavier than me have pulled it off. Here's hoping! I'm on board, August 1st! :)

Hello Raquel, Don't down yourself, stay positive! Never say "you can't do something, because you can".! :) Its a 20-25 minute workout and I mean it works! After 1 week, I started noticing results and the 2nd week got even better! With 30 Day shred, I went down 1 size just in that 30 days and lost 10-15 pounds. It makes you feel great, shreds and tones you up! If you need motivation that is what we are all here for as a group! Stay motivated and positive! :)
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a 41 year old Alaskan Gal who will be turning 42 in August. I've been doing 30DS as a supplement to my usual weekly workouts...only level 1 I've done it about 15 times through the last couple months and was just about to move up to level 2, but then I saw this group and thought...I wonder if I can try and do it for 30 days along with my other workouts? Of course I will have to tone down the others a bit (don't want to over-do it!) but I figured I would give it a go afterall I'm pretty sure I can do anything for a short period of time! We-Shall-See! I'm excited to start!

I'm wondering if there will be a group-wide rest day or are you planning on doing this 7 days a week for 30 days straight?
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Hello Raquel, Don't down yourself, stay positive! Never say "you can't do something, because you can".! :) Its a 20-25 minute workout and I mean it works! After 1 week, I started noticing results and the 2nd week got even better! With 30 Day shred, I went down 1 size just in that 30 days and lost 10-15 pounds. It makes you feel great, shreds and tones you up! If you need motivation that is what we are all here for as a group! Stay motivated and positive! :)

Also Raquel, do what you can do and just keep moving! they offer some modifications, but Jillian seems to stress to move to the next level "When you feel ready." I did Level 1 for 15 days rather than 10 so if it feels like you should stay at Level 1 for the full 30 days do it! Level 1 is a killer workout no matter how much you workout! Don't get me wrong you do want to push yourself definitely, but listen to your body! I agree with ArmyWifee--Stay positive and YOU CAN DO IT!
  • cblue07310
    cblue07310 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As of last week, I weighed 222lbs. I'm 5'9. I started 30DS at the end of June - I'm currently on Level 3. I was not consistent with it however - took alot of breaks, prolonging the progress. In August, I'm hoping to do it 30 Days straight. That's the goal. If that becomes overwhelming, I will take a break every 5 days. So far, I really like the DVD. I haven't seen much weight loss from it, but a noticeable difference in inches.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Marcy. I have never done this DVD. Scared to death - to be honest. I will give it my best.

I have had many injuries in the past few years, so I am hoping this will strengthen my body.

Cheers!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Marcy. I have never done this DVD. Scared to death - to be honest. I will give it my best.

I have had many injuries in the past few years, so I am hoping this will strengthen my body.

Cheers!

Hi Marcy

I've found that one way to help overcome my fear is to watch the exercises before I actually do them. Run the DVD through level one before 8/1, that way you know what you're going to be doing. If you see a move being done that you're worried might flare up an old injury, look up a modification so you know what to do when you start exercising. For example, if your knees won't allow full-blown jumping jacks or jump-rope, do the side-step jumping jack (google "modified jumping jack" for details) or walk in place.

Congrats on your 49 lbs lost so far!
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, 5'3 and about 155 lbs. My normal weight is about 135-140 but I've been poorly controlling my stress since Christmas and am up 15 lbs. Just finished moving countries and am looking to get back into an exercise routine.

I have done this before but in the past something has come up so I've never finished it.
  • atgetsfit
    atgetsfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'4 high schooler who's 185 and I'm looking to lose 50 lbs in total maybe by the new year, I can't wait to slim down this month I'm doing 30ds as well as cardio and also the 17 day diet
  • zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi .. I've been working my way through the 30 DS but got distracted about md-way through Level 2.

August 1st, I'm going to start level 2 again, and my goal is to do 10 x L2 and 10 x L3 workouts in August. I also cycle, and zumba so there will be some days that I won't be able to do the workout.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Kim and I had incredible results with this workout before.

I'm ready to do it again.
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Jillian and I'm from the Florida Panhandle. I'm 33 years old and God has blessed me with a wonderful husband whom I love tremendously. We got married last April. We've both been previously divorced. I have an 18 year old step son. I had an endometrial ablation several months ago and suddenly put on 20 pounds which is what brought me here, to MFP. I'm hoping the weight gain is some sort of freak hormonal thing and not that my metabolism crashed. I own my own business and it is very physically active, so exercise has been a low priority for me. As I'm learning about being healthy, I'm realizing that I need to be challenging myself physically. Then I saw the post about this group and I'm so glad to be here! I'm really looking forward to this (though, to be honest, I'm typing this out rather than doing the work out - lol)! Good luck to everyone! I'm so excited about this!!!
  • FruitSalad76
    FruitSalad76 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello, Laura here Mother of two Matthew jr who is 9 and alexandria who is 4. Wife to matthew sr for 3 years been together for 16 years. When I first started MFP was in 2012 after my mother passed away. I have been off and on , but this time I'm here to stay. My SW in 2012 was 220 and my CW is 186 my GW is 120. I have started this before But never finish it, this time I am going to finish it. Now that both of my kids will be in school full time I will have time for me to do this.