best tips for avoiding binges

Options
know1seep
know1seep Posts: 55 Member
I find drinking loads of water, eating lots and lots of healthy food, especially low cal filling foods like veggies, makes me less likely to want to binge.
Keeping busy also helps. Also if i manage to resist the originasl urge to binge ,i find this makes me feel empowered and in control and mroe liely to keep up momentum and not spiral out of control
Also, not good, but smoking also helps me avoid bingeing although not the healthiest method

What about everyone? What helpes you all through the binge free days? what makes it easier? If everyonoe shares their tips and tricks, it might be of benefit and we can all learn from each other

Replies

• b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water is a great way because it can be very filling. Also, lots of fruits and veggies are great because since they are very low in calories, you can eat more and become very full.

I never used to read the nutrition labels, and now I do and make sure I only have a serving. So what I try to do is make pre-packaged snacks. So when I have a bag, I know I had a healthy serving.

Also, at night I find myself wanting to eat, so I just go to sleep. I may want to stay up to watch TV or use my laptop, but I just brush my teeth and go to sleep.

I also started eating protein bars from GNC. My favorite is GNC Pro Performance Cookies & Cream. Some of them may be high in calories like 370/400 but they have 30 grams of protein so it keeps me full until lunch time (1pm), if I have one for breakfast at about 8:30am. A plus to these protein bars other than keeping you full is that they taste really good. So, they taste great, and they can keep me full for hours and are healthy. I would highly recommend them.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What scares me is I go from one obsession to another obsession. I will be obsessed with eating foods, lots of it, and another day obsessed with not overeating, exercise and scales. I know i need a happy medium. I need a healthy weight loss program, moderate exercise program and most important to change my behavior. What has worked for me in the past, at least for awhile, is making a rule of not eating anything outside of 3 meals per day and one snack. Yes, drinking water helps me do this, but i think it is more the thinking that if I only eat the 3 meals and one snack and don't take a bite outside of this it doesn't cause the domino effect of once i eat one bite that bite turns into hundreds of more bites to go with it. For example, if you don't push down the first domino the other ones don't follow.
  • neskapolita1978
    neskapolita1978 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's hard to avoid them, I try to talk myself out of them up to and including the moment that I all over the edge.

I finally have a concrete GOAL now - auditioning for a musical next spring that I must be able to dance and sing at the same time

so I am trying to surround myself with reminders. I have a bracelet with a star on it to remind me that I'm going to be a star (ok, I'm just auditioning for a chorus part but even so) and I painted my nails red so that if I notice it and begin to go for something mindlessly I will remember to STOP

I also have Fiber Choice prebiotic fiber tablets that take the edge off the hunger and I include fiber filled foods like Ezekiel bread that make me feel less cravey.