Training Plans

Options
Has anyone started training for the Tink or the Princess yet? If so what training plan are you using? I'm using the Run Double C25k plan and then the Non Runners Marathon Guide for Women (by Dawn Davis) to train for an actual half. I've walked the last ones but this one I want to actually run it all if possible. I'm making slow but steady progress with C25k.

Replies

• goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    For Tinker Bell I'm going to use one of the Jeff Galloway plans (experienced runners/"finishing in the upright position") listed on the runDisney site. It starts in September, and it's my first half so I'll have to see if it works for me.
  • 230137isntmyweight
    230137isntmyweight Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've heard they're good, but I've never tried one. Maybe next race. Trying to do the coast to coast next year, Tink and Wine&Dine.
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm currently training for a full marathon that will take place in October. Once that marathon is over (assuming I can still walk!), I just plan to keep a base mileage of between 8-12 miles. I dont plan to re-start a training plan. I like the Jeff Galloway training plans (even though I dont use his method). Hal Higdon has some good training plans too. My marathon training plan that I am currently using is from Jenny Hadfield. I modified it a little bit, but I really like it, and completed a half marathon this weekend based on the beginning of her marathon training plan. :)
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am currently training for the Disneyland Half on September 1st and then will just continue training for Tink. I am using the Galloway method, I am using the 3:1 ratio right now