Any mountain bikers?

Options
2»

Replies

• GiddyNZ
    GiddyNZ Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    YES!! Do our riding here in Rotorua, New Zealand :heart:

Here is a little taster of what we have 10mins ride from our door step.. http://youtu.be/xhaRO9RecmQ
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I just converted my wheels over to tubeless!!! I am pretty excited...how many other MTBers are running tubeless? What has your experience been? What PSI are you running?

...mumble.....

I've gone back to tubes.

For the moment at least.

I had many, many issues with sealing the tires, despite Stans no-tubes and tubeless tires.

I found that the tires would simply not stay inflated beyond about 30psi - which is kinda low for the places I ride.

If I put more in, they would be down near 15psi or less within about ten miles.

So, I have gone back to my preferred Panaracers and good old fashioned tubes. Run at 40psi front and 35psi rear and I am more than happy.
  • GiddyNZ
    GiddyNZ Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi there

its Giddys Partner commenting

I'm guessing that you have got, gen 2 stans rims (Crest, Alpine, Arch EX, Flow EX)

A number of people have found that "UST" or "proper tubeless" tyres don't work that well together, because of the very low bead height

you will find that if you change to a more regular tyre, I'm a fan of the Maxxis EXO casing, that the tyre should seat up and hold pressure

If not reply to this and there are a couple of other things that it could be ( a split in the yellow tape possibly, or a damaged valve stem)
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am in Canada. Confirmed MTBer but also do plenty of road to train for MTB!

www.riotonracing.com
  • CharlieBook
    CharlieBook Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a MTBer from Scotland - we have some of the most amazing trails (natural and trail centres). currently craving another Alps MTB holiday though :wink:

Any other MTBers, please feel free to add me :happy:
  • Slivnfree
    Slivnfree Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    New to Mountain Biking here, I am in Oregon. Looking for some Mountain Biking Pals to point me in the right direction as far as places to ride, bikes, and all around info.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love MTBing, though there are no mountains here in Houston. My riding is pretty much XC.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I just converted my wheels over to tubeless!!! I am pretty excited...how many other MTBers are running tubeless? What has your experience been? What PSI are you running?

I run tubeless on my 29er race bike, but haven't made the switch yet on my trail bike (mostly just because of the cost).

All in all I've been pretty happy. I run tioga psycho genius tires at about 30psi.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yea, I ride... got a trail bike that gets most of my attention, but also a 29er HT race bike and a steel 26" singlespeed.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Converted last year. Used to run Specialized Renegades in the front and rear, but I've been left a bit disappointed in their performance on the loose over hard. They're great if you have only weight in mind though. I'm now running Racing Ralph 2.10 in the rear and Rocket Ron 2.25 in the front. My experience has been nothing but good. No leaks. I'm running 25 PSI in the front, 28 in the rear.
  • kellyhdent
    kellyhdent Posts: 46
    Options
    Awesome! I went to college at Western Carolina and now live in the Uwharries. We just had an amazing trail system open up here! Sent you a friend request, by the way... never too many NC mountain bikers out there!
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    I'm in Texas and I go all over trails, up and down hills, I believe you burn more calories mountain biking and it's more fun!
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I m MTB over here in MA & NH yay for single track Love it!
  • allenhandley
    allenhandley Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Like to do both - road and mtn.
    Here in east TN we have great trails mtn bikers and roads for road racers. Try to alternate rides so my Trek 4300 doesn't get jealous of my Giant OCR and vice-versa.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Love to mountain bike... I'll road bike if my friends or BF really bug me. I'd much rather ride in the dirt. All my riding has been in the Rockies and foothills, but my boyfriend came from NC.
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    Doh! I already posted here.
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I got some new tires and a new chain for my bike and I cleaned it, Now it is time to get her dirty again!
  • walterdiepstraten
    Options
    Dutch moutainbiker over here, although we don't have any mountains here.:laugh:
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I XC mtb down here in south Mississippi. We have some decent trails, but no mountains. I've ridden Tsali but want to check out more trails in that area.