gearing up for the new school year

Options
jhmomofmany
jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
And I bet I'm not the only one, LOL! This year I have five students grades K through 10, plus my soon-to-be-18yo who is studying for his GED, plus a pre-schooler and a new baby.

I'm very concerned about how to get it all done plus keep up with my exercise routine. I like to workout six days a week, usually at least 45 minutes per day. I'm going to have to give up sleeping, I guess. Oh, wait... thanks to the baby I already have! LOL!

So, how about you? What are you doing to get ready for the new year?

Replies

• AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've always been amazed by those that can parent, let alone homeschool, more than one. We school year round and hate summer, so it's the usual for us - me nagging my 15 yr old to get off his computer game(s) if he wants to have time to read his law books after his other subjects. He wants to get his GED at age 16, but unless he cracks down on math, it's not going to happen. :grumble:

We did recently rework his course load and schedule. Other than that, we have almost everything we need for another year. He says he's fine on school supplies and doesn't want any new stuff for his room even though I keep finding cool dorm stuff in his favorite color (aqua/turquoise.) I'm the one that wants to go school supply shopping. LOL! (Will probably get my fix by buying some supplies for kids in homeless shelters.)
  • vicki81868
    vicki81868 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just about done planning for the year. I'll have six in school this year: Kinder, 2nd, 5th, 7th, 11th, 12th. This will be my first year in 19 years of homeschooling that I won't have a preschooler or baby in tow. Weird feeling. Doing Kindergarten for the very last time. Excited for the year to start!