olympic weightlifting shoes

Options
jsdcap
jsdcap Posts: 46 Member
Any advice on which ones are best? any advice would be great.

Replies

• divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just got the red Pendlay Do-Wins. They are pretty awesome. Made of leather, they'll last 10 years, I bet. The Innov-8s look good, and are super light, but they won't last very long, I don't think.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    check out Risto's too. i LOVE mine, they cost the same or less as the big names, and they are hand made in the ole USA...
    ristosports.com only thing is they are oly shoes only... not hybrids like the reebok lifters or new inov-8 fastlifts.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    also againfaster.com has some that are apparently made by risto that aren't leather for 99 that are supposed to be pretty awesome.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I lift in my Five Fingers and my New Balance Minimus trail shoes will no problems.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The Reebok Lifters are really nice. They have the U-form insole so you pop them in the oven then form them to your feet. Pretty affordable too at $150.

Of course I love my old school red Chuck Taylors as well.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting in my Pendlay Do-Win's for over a year and I love them! Except I bought a 7 and my toe hits the top, so...... Yesterday I treated myself to the new Reebok lifters in my proper size 7.5. They are not hybrids. I will report back and let you know what I think.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^Interested to see what you think as I really need one more pair of CF shoes so I can alternate.
  • jsdcap
    jsdcap Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been doing everything barefoot, for now..
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I was lifting in my Vibrams but just got the Reebok Crossfit Lifters and they are great! Good luck in your search.
  • TXBecki
    TXBecki Posts: 40
    Options
    I had been borrowing a pair of the Reebok lifters, but just got my own Nike Romaleos 2's last week. The Romaleos are a far better shoe for me because I have wide feet...the Reeboks were a good shoe and everything, just not for my foot type. I have been more successful and consistent in my lifts just in the last week of wearing the Nikes because my foot isn't scrunched to the point where it sometimes goes to sleep, and I'm wearing my actual size vs. going up a size in the Reeboks to make room for the width of my foot. Being comfortable in the Nikes has allowed me not to have that distraction from feet hurting, asleep etc, and to just focus on the lift. I'm told Adipowers are more narrow like the Reeboks as well, but not sure about the Pendlays. This was the number one factor for me when I was looking for an Oly shoe, and is why I chose the Romaleos. Hope you find some that work for you!
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Pendlays seem to be average in width. I'd like a rounder toe box, but I feel like I have enough room in them for my toes to spread out enough, but not like they do in my NB Minimus. That's not an apples to apples comparison, obviously, as they are a completely different type of shoe. Just given as a point of reference. I have seen the new Reebok powerlifting shoe, and they do have a very rounded toe box, but again, I don't think they are really what you want for oly lifting, just more like a pair of Chucks with a wide toe box.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the new Reebox Lifter Plus yesterday and am anxiously awaiting their arrival. I will report back here once I have tried them out. Hoping I will be able to post good news!!