Day1... 30 day shred

Options
Im starting my workout plan on the 1st of August. How many people will do it with me? Ive never (well i say never... i did my moms jane fonda workout video when i was 8) done a workout dvd before. Which of JM dvd's will you be doing in August and have you done it before. If so,... what results did you achieve? :wink: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was going to start August 1st, but then I decided to start today instead. I'm doing the 30 DS DVD mixed with some other, "heavy" lifting. I will lift 3 days and use the DVD either 3 or 4 days, depending on how I feel. I took my "before" pics this morning and it was a bit sobering. I don't have far to get to my goal, but I also had a baby 5 weeks ago, so my body definitely looks different. :). I hope I can keep up with this schedule- I have 3 kids, but I stay at home, so I should be able to work out at nap time if nothing else. My biggest challenge has been calories. I'm nursing my son, so I don't want to go too low, but I haven't lost any lbs in 2 weeks. Mfp sets me at 1200 for 1 lb/week, plus I add 500 calories for breastfeeding, so 1700. I eat back exercise calories too, but I'm hungry at the end of the day and I've been netting between 1900 and 2000. I think I will keep listening to my body unless I start to gain a bunch. Looking forward to seeing a change at the end of the month!

PS. I've used lots of DVDs with mixed results. My favorite was the abs diet 2 strength segment- really changed my body. I've used some of JM's DVDs in the past, but not regularly enough to make a difference.
  • Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I.'ll be ordering 30 ds tomorrow, so starting a few days late, but will do a exercise DVD or class daily from tomorrow! Great idea of forum. Will take before shot in am.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday!! It's a killer, I think I will love it though!

We should start a thread here with our before photos :-)
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    I will be starting tomorrow as early for august. was doing 30 days no chocolate but only lasted til today, day 28, so need to get cake out of my system. have photos already and dont think it will make much of a difference for 3 days.

I have a 5 and half month old baby girl and after she was born put on over a stone as just eating whatever i could when i could. im on 1200 a day usually, dont eat back workout cals from bellydancing on mondays (only thing done previous), and dont add any extra to account for her and she's feeding and gaining weight perfectly. i do think its odd though they dont have something to account for bf mothers calories.

remember to measure yourselves aswell everyone.

im doing waist, hips, chest (underboob for you girls) thighs, and arms.

p.s sorry for any spelling. my husband would kill me if he read this
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    I started yesterday!! It's a killer, I think I will love it though!

We should start a thread here with our before photos :-)

post them on here if you like.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group

forgot link
  • trolly91
    trolly91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've been doing the 30 day shred for 10 days now, as well as her 6 week 6 pack workout (I love jillian!). I know i've started 'early' but would love to keep motivated with all of you :)
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    Hi there! I've been doing the 30 day shred for 10 days now, as well as her 6 week 6 pack workout (I love jillian!). I know i've started 'early' but would love to keep motivated with all of you :)

WONDERFUL,..... my day 1 starts now and im so excited *wiggles for enthusiasm*

i must remember my own advise and to remeasure myself this morning and new photos - AND NO CAKE FOR ME. :tongue:
  • tundebo
    tundebo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I will start today as well. I will take before pic.as well. NO SWEETS (CAKE & CHOCOLATE) for me.
    It will be very hard for me :tongue:
    Have a great day to all of you
    Options
    My struggle is to keep up running (I'm a relatively new runner) while doing the video. I'm so tired and sore that I've put running on the back burner. Need to stick with it!!!!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm hoping joining this will motivate me as i seem to be struggling at the moment. I will be doing a mixture of 30 day shred, killer buns and thighs, ripped in 30 and no more trouble zones as these are the dvds i have. I managed to get to my goal last year but most of it has crept back on. I'm going on holiday the 31st August so would like to have lost 8lb by then.

I did Killer buns and thighs this morning L1D1.

Starting weight: 156lb
    Over boob: 39in
    Chest: 35in
    Waist: 34in
    Hips: 40in
    Bicep 11in
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    SO.... day 1 out the way for me and OHMYGOSH i died! :sad: it was soooo hard. i thought that i had at least a smidge of athletic ability,... but obviously not.

During was bad enough, out of breath, tired arms and legs, whole body SHAKING. But afterwards, on my way to the shower i was feeling so dizzy i almost fell over.:sick: i spent 20 mins in bed afterwards just to calm down and it still wasnt enough.

I think it will take me 30 days just to RECOVER:frown: , but it was good, and i will persevere.:smile:

I CAN DO THIS!!:happy:
    Options
    I know how you feel!!! Sounds like you may need to slow it down a bit. My hubby and I about died Saturday!!! Luckily I had done lunges the week before and felt that pain, so it wasn't too bad for me but my poor husband, oh my. I had to giggle, before we started Saturday he says 'its ONLY 30 minutes, how hard can it be?' Famous last words!!!!! We did L1D2 yesterday, but he can barely move today. Our plan was 5 days then a 1 day break. We may be taking tonight off for him to recover.

Are you all doing 10 days of each? Our plan is to do level 1 until we are confident and can do it easily. So what if its more than 10 days. Then move to level 2 and get to where we can do it easily, then move to level 3. So what's your plan?
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    Are you all doing 10 days of each? Our plan is to do level 1 until we are confident and can do it easily. So what if its more than 10 days. Then move to level 2 and get to where we can do it easily, then move to level 3. So what's your plan?

same here i think, thinking though maybe 30 days of each level, then i can properly get into it before stepping up as totally unfit at the moment. i have a lot to tone and plenty of time off so its not much bother to me. but i need to get a proper sports bra as my boobs were bouncing around ever where, so was my stomach but i cant do much about that.
    Options
    The high impact sports bras at Kohl's (their store brand) are incredible!!! I really love mine.

I teach, so I go back to school August 8th. I'm a little worried about all the extra food that's always lurking there and how tired I will be and not wan to exercise. Hoping you all can keep me on track ☺
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 30DS on the first of the month.
    Options
    Rock on!! Welcome!
  • mischelleguerrero
    mischelleguerrero Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of the 30DS. These pics are day one and today, day seven. I posted this on a thread on the fitness board as well. I am 4'11" and currently 115. I started at 150 six months ago after the birth of my third child.

PicsArt_1375124556244.jpg
    Options
    WOW!!! congrats on the awesome progress!!!!!
  • stahlhaus
    stahlhaus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD. I'll start this week too. I've been walking only the past 2 months; I'm post-menopausal so the pounds aren't flying off. I'm trying to be focused on getting stronger, which I am. I'm hopeful that the extra flab around my middle will whittle down a bit doing the 30 Day Shred. That would make me very happy. Let's go!
    Options
    Welcome welcome!!!!!!