PCOS and skin problems

Options
Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
Do any products really work for pimples associated with PCOS.

I stopped drinking milk and it helped but I am getting so tired of that side effect of PCOS

Replies

• purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use the Clinique Acne Solutions 3 step and it works great for me.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    i have PCOS and my biggest symptom other than infertility is acne. And I mean it gets so bad that sometimes I dont want to leave the house, but then I found these Green Tea Cleansing Pads they sell at Walgreens made by Dessert Essence, at first I was skeptical and i highly doubted it would work. After about a week of using them diligently my Skin was crystal clear. I was shocked. They are only 7.99 for 50 pads. I highly recommend them.
  • melissalucey
    melissalucey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My acne was awful for years, and even came back after taking Acutane.
    The Acutane did dramatically cut back on the acne.

What works for me:

I gave up dairy, particularly cheese. The biggest culprit , for me, is cream cheese. I can indulge in dairy perhaps once a week.
    No soy.
    No poultry. Ever. Ever. Ever. I have an allergy to chicken and turkey and duck. If I eat it, I feel like crap. and then my face breaks out.

What I use:
    Cerave moisturizing face wash every morning and evening. Cerave moisturizer in the AM, And Oil of Olay regenerist at night.

But the biggest change for me and my skin seems to be Kale. Perhaps because it is rich in vitamin A; from which Acutane and Retin-A are derived, it seems to do wonders for my skin.

I take metformin and ocella. I run three days a week, at least. These are all things that contribute.
  • gr8xpectationz
    gr8xpectationz Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Cutting dairy helped the most for me. But I also drink spearmint tea, which is supposed to help lower testosterone, and it helped my skin a lot.

I've heard that spironolactone works wonders for women with PCOS/hormone troubles, but I'm pretty sure in the U.S. it requires a prescription.
  • nikkirdriggers
    Options
    My doctor prescribled Spironolactone and it has worked wonders, not only with my acne but the unsightly hair growth as well. It does require a prescription but is on the $4.00 list at Walmart.

Also, as someone else stated, Kale! I love Kale now. I use it in salads, stir frys, green smoothies ( these things are amazing).
  • prosato1229
    prosato1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for later! I will try no poultry and no dairy, spearmint tea, and green tea pads (and keep my fingers crossed while I'm at it!)! I have allergies to many medications so I don't want to try medications/antibiotics if I can help it.

Thanks everyone!
  • triplestepping
    triplestepping Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Also drink lots of water and get a little bit of sun (but not too much!)—that can help, too.