Male friends of feminisim

jenbit
jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
http://michaelurbina.com/101-everyday-ways-for-men-to-be-allies-to-women/

SO someone sent me this link . ITs a man talking about all the things men can do to be less of a threat to women....Personally as a women I found it extremely creepy

What do you peeps think

Replies

• flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    I think this is an absolute pile of crock.

If you followed these tenets, you'd be swallowing other people's poopoo for lunch. This goes beyond "humility" and "modesty", it's about apologizing for your own existence at this stage because you happened to be born "male".

Also: multiple orgasms. There. I hate women - all women - for that single reason.
  • jenbit
    I think this is an absolute pile of crock.

If you followed these tenets, you'd be swallowing other people's poopoo for lunch. This goes beyond "humility" and "modesty", it's about apologizing for your own existence at this stage because you happened to be born "male".

Also: multiple orgasms. There. I hate women - all women - for that single reason.

It did seem liked he had some self hate going on....It wa kinda nauseating.....

Also..Mutilple orgasms is a good reason to hate us they rock lol
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Some of those I'd say do but only to be a better person but most of it makes me laugh and feel sorry for any man that is that badly whipped.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    There are actually a few things I agree with.

Catcalling is ridiculous and uncomfortable. It happens occasionally when I'm downtown and I hate it. Sorry but if you're trying to be cute its not. And obviously I agree with pro choice!

I do hate that men in society are the ones voting on what WOMEN can do with their bodies. That makes me very irate.

But I agree with FFF...if you followed all those you would be a doormat.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    I think the arguments that ensued in the replies was more interesting and funny. I just visualize it being a bunch of fat out of shape guys who live in their mom's basements doing "intellectual battle" with a bunch of hairy-legged and hairy-armpitted militant women.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Really it should just be about respect. Bottom line.

And, multiple Os.... best part of being a woman. Sorry guys. ;)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I refuse to not catcall sexy men.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Really it should just be about respect. Bottom line.

And, multiple Os.... best part of being a woman. Sorry guys. ;)

Haha yes! Makes up for all the other crap we deal with!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    This guy mentions "male privileges". I hereby revoke what little he might have left.

Male feminists. What a crock. Luckily most chicks don't know how to use the Internet to find this garbage.

(waits patiently for angry email from a particular MFP friend)

In all honestly, though, I think if I live my life with as much awareness as I can muster and put forth an effort to respect all people, I won't ever need to read the 101 items on his list. That and always go downtown first.
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Things like this are killing what men are suppose to be.... and then the girls of POF wonder where all the "real men" are.
  • jenbit
    Things like this are killing what men are suppose to be.... and then the girls of POF wonder where all the "real men" are.

When I read it ...it literally made me gag a little in my mouth lol.......

Dont get me wrong a guy cooking for me is nice..but not because he feels he has to for equality reasons....Things like this are why so few females refer to themselves as feminist today...
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    "what men are supposed to be"

How about whatever they want to be without being shamed for it because it doesn't fit a cookie cutter idea? Unless they're doing something to hurt someone else whats the problem? I might not be attracted to a feminine guy but that doesn't make him "wrong". I'm too much of a tomboy for a lot of men, I'm not "wrong" either.

Chris has the right idea - treat people like people and none of this would be a problem.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    I think this might be the funniest thing I've ever read.. I'm assuming that whole article is a joke. . right?