star trek / star wars - neither?

Options
vendygirl
vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
Are their geeks out there that DON't like either one of these series? Just curious. I like both so this question is actually moot for me but just curious.

Would your "geek" status be taken away if you didn't like either?

Replies

• nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Are their geeks out there that DON't like either one of these series? Just curious. I like both so this question is actually moot for me but just curious.

Would your "geek" status be taken away if you didn't like either?

I like both, but it has been too long since I have watched Star Trek. I mean, I've seen the latest movie, which was amazing.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends doesn't like either. She loves HP, Doctor Who, anime, MLP etc etc. She isn't much into sci-fi in general.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I knew there had to be some! I just see those two as the FIRST things listed when listing interests.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I like some of the star trek series and again... some of the star wars movies :)
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like both. I don't associate with anybody that dislikes sci fi :laugh:
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I doubt you'd lose your geek status since there are many other things that would classifiy you as a geek. If someoen didn't like sci fi but ran around larping as Drizzt would still qualify.

I like both but I prefer Star Wars. I really like the idea for lightsabers but prefer the Mandalorian way of life over Jedi & Sith.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I prefer ST:TNG and ST:TOS for Star Treks. I'll even watch DSN. I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in any Star Wars movie that isn't 3, 4, or 5 though. I refuse to acknowledge that any others exist.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Star Wars is just "ok" for me. Star Trek on the other hand... Kind of obsessed. :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I like both! When I went to Seattle I couldn't decide what I was more excited to see. Darth Vader's suit of Captain Kirk's Command Chair. Oddly enough, it was the Queen Alien that was the best. Anyways. I love both. Couldn't decide if I tried, so I'll take them all!
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    both
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like both! When I went to Seattle I couldn't decide what I was more excited to see. Darth Vader's suit of Captain Kirk's Command Chair. Oddly enough, it was the Queen Alien that was the best. Anyways. I love both. Couldn't decide if I tried, so I'll take them all!

Now if you had Darth Vader sitting in the Command chair we'd really have a mind popper.

On a side note, for a good chuckle, go to Youtube and search Star wars vs. Star Trek
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Being old enough to remember the pre Star Wars world, Star Trek TOS started by interest in Sci Fi as a youngster. Sitting in that theater and watching Star Wars solidified it.

I think you can be a geek and not like either but you can't be a Sci Fi fan and and not like both...my 2 cents.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i think you would have to lose your geek card if you liked one and HATED the other. that just doesn't even make sense..

i :heart: them both with passion, but i :heart: SW a little more because it features mysticism