Weight Gain- Confused??

Options
letsdothis84
letsdothis84 Posts: 77 Member
So i havent been trying to loose or anything and i and have pretty much been the same weight for a few years give or take a couple of pounds at different times of the month. Recently i have noticed a 2kg gain in my weight and whilst i dont really feel this in my clothes etc im confused as i have been exercising well and eating wel as normal. I am an active gym goer anyways so this shouldnt be any retention of water or due to starting a new exercise routine. I have thought about the sodium factor/ bloat/ time of the month but this shouldnt be a perm weight gain and would usually dissapear again but weeks have passed and its not dissapeared, hence im taking this as a perm fat gain ?? Oh and im definately not pregnant.

Has anyone else expereienced any random weigh gain and if so what/ how did you get back to normal ( Given i exercise, and eat well and follow same diet as i ahve for years!?)

Suggestions welcomed :)

Replies

• pennstatealum2000
    pennstatealum2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    FWIW, last month I had a 5lb gain that came on suddenly but took 2+ weeks to go away. Given how quickly it came on, I figured it was water weight, but then began to worry when it didn't come off. It took 3-4 days of drinking 100+oz of water before it came off. During those few days I became puffy and my clothes were tight as I continued to retain water (presumably) but it did come off, eventually. The same thing happened about 2 weeks later, so I just upped my water and it came off more quickly.

Neither my diet nor my exercise habits changed during this time, so I could only conclude that perhaps it was the extreme heat that caused the water retention.