What would you do?

christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
Interesting dilemma on the radio today...

A girl, we'll call her A,asks her friend E if she knows any single guys to set her up with, because she doesn't come across a ton of men day-to-day. E thinks her coworker X would be a good match. She shows X a picture of A and suggests that if he is willing, he might ask her out on a date, perhaps to a baseball game or something.

X says sure and gets A's number. In the time between now and their date, they start texting which turns into sexting. By the time the date comes around, they decide to skip the ball game and meet up at A's apartment and hook up. When they get there, X suggests taking a "sexy" shower before they get down to business. He tells A to go get the shower ready and he'll be in a minute, he has to text his friend first.

A waits in the shower a few minutes, no X. She gets out to see what's up. X is gone, he dipped out.

A of course calls E to tell her this. At work the next day, E asks X why he left. He said, "she's ugly."

E had no intentions of telling her friend this, but her friend keeps asking why X left the apartment without saying anything.

The radio hosts were having a conversation about it...do you tell your friend the truth, that the guy didn't like her looks, or lie? Two DJs said lie and one said tell the truth. What would you do?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Lie, of course.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Interesting dilemma on the radio today...

The radio hosts were having a conversation about it...do you tell your friend the truth, that the guy didn't like her looks, or lie? Two DJs said lie and one said tell the truth. What would you do?
    I would not put myself in such a situation in the first place and they were about 100 moments at which they could/should have stopped. These people are idiots, I was hopping they were going to be sent to another planet at the end of the story, but it looks like they will be consuming the same oxygen as I am. A sad state of affair really.

She is ugly, he is a coward. I'd tell them both, no jealousy.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

I would not put myself in such a situation in the first place and they were about 100 moments at which they could/should have stopped. These people are idiots, I was hopping they were going to be sent to another planet at the end of the story, but it looks like they will be consuming the same oxygen as I am. A sad state of affair really.

Even if she's ugly she didn't deserve that... but she is an idiot for "hooking up" as in bringing some moron she's never even met before to her apartment. She's lucky he left, instead of robbing her or worse.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I'd tell the truth. Forgot to add, I wouldn't say the ugly part. I'd just say he wasn't into her, so I guess it's not really telling the truth. :laugh: Interesting that she showed him a pic and he agreed. But then some people are "photogenic" and in person not as much and others it's the complete opposite.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member

Even if she's ugly she didn't deserve that... but she is an idiot for "hooking up" as in bringing some moron she's never even met before to her apartment. She's lucky he left, instead of robbing her or worse.
    So what did she deserve then if not "that"? A night of sex with an unwilling man but because she is ugly - poor girl - he should have done it nonetheless?

I don't really believe in "the ugly curse", 80% of beauty is "made up" (with fitness, body language and confidence among others), so maybe it would actually encourage her to do something about it (assuming most other guys also find her ugly and not only this one dude)... All of the ex-fat people on here can attest this.

The only people who can afford to be themselves are the people who are in a great spot. Everyone else should be working their *kitten* off to reach that great spot.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member

So what did she deserve then if not "that"? A night of sex with an unwilling man but because she is ugly - poor girl - he should have done it nonetheless?

I don't really believe in "the ugly curse", 80% of beauty is "made up" (with fitness, body language and confidence among others), so maybe it would actually encourage her to do something about it (assuming most other guys also find her ugly and not only this one dude)... All of the ex-fat people on here can attest this.

The only people who can afford to be themselves are the people who are in a great spot. Everyone else should be working their *kitten* off to reach that great spot.

He should have told her face to face that he changed his mind instead of sneaking out like the loser he is, that's what she deserved.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    I think a million bad things should happen to the bloke for doing that. What a pig! :noway:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I think the friend should tell the girl that he wasn't attracted to her and that he is an *kitten* for sneaking out and not being up front that he didn't think it would work.

But this is kind of like poofing. Some people are okay with it in different stages of the relationship.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Honesty is the best policy
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Not saying what he did is okay.......BUT it could have been worse..he could have hooked up just to "get some" , and then bailed after getting what he wanted.

I would tell the friend that he decided he wasn't interested, and is an *kitten* for doing what he did, but...........could have been worse
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    I have no idea what I'd do. If I were the gal who called the radio show, I think I'd start by asking my friend why she ask me to set her up with someone I work with if all she really wanted was a hookup? (She's jumping in a shower as a precursor to sex with a guy she's only met in person 5 minutes earlier. I don't think I'm jumping to conclusions.) There are bars all over the city where that can be done and I don't have to be in the middle of it if my friend or coworker gets hurt.

I'd also point out to her that if you're having sex with a virtual stranger, you're always better to go to the other person's place. 1) If you change your mind, it's always easier to leave than it is to throw the other person out. 2) If the other person is a creep/psycho, etc, they still don't know where you live. 3) If the sex was bad and you don't want to do it again, the other person doesn't know where you live.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    The girl is supposed to be at least a LITTLE hard to get. .This is why you start with coffee. . Or.. if you are into casual first date sex, then go to a bar and have a few drinks first. . .that give you both the opportunity to bail. .. Tricking the girl into the shower. . wow. . that's as big a d*ckhead move as I've ever heard.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Not saying what he did is okay.......BUT it could have been worse..he could have hooked up just to "get some" , and then bailed after getting what he wanted.

I would tell the friend that he decided he wasn't interested, and is an *kitten* for doing what he did, but...........could have been worse

This exactly--props to the guy for at least not using her for sex and then poofing--but still doesn't stop from making him a jerk!!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Honestly who invites a strange man they don't know to their house for sex...Isn't there a screening process. This is why you go meet up somewhere else first....The guys a bit of a dik but the girl isnt an angel either. Tell her the truth she can eat her ice cream,watch sappy movies and get over it....I have no sympathy here..... ....
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    I'd turn my radio station to classic rock and not listen to morning show drama if I were you :tongue: