I am so tired of eating

Options
I haven't been hungry in weeks (I know there are worse problems to have). I don't want to eat anymore. I used to LOVE food. Now it's just a chore. And my scale is screwing with me. (I've become obsessed with weighing myself.) Last night, it said I was 97lb. This morning it said 94lb, I checked again a few minutes later. It said 92lb. WTF. So, I need a new scale. I have no idea what I weigh. It's making me crazy. All this excessive eating and nothing to show for it. My measurements are the same. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BODY!? Why isn't it doing what it's supposed to? What am I not doing?

Replies

• ronakcvr
    ronakcvr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can imagine how annoying that can be. My advise, weigh yourself once a week and keep a track. Weighing everyday is going to bother you more and stress you out. I have been trying to follow a systematic plan of eating healthy and calorific meals since 18th Jan. I have gained 6 pounds to date and quite happy with my progress. :wink:

Be patient and you will get there.
  • Genghiskhannie
    Options
    I can imagine how annoying that can be. My advise, weigh yourself once a week and keep a track. Weighing everyday is going to bother you more and stress you out. I have been trying to follow a systematic plan of eating healthy and calorific meals since 18th Jan. I have gained 6 pounds to date and quite happy with my progress. :wink:

Be patient and you will get there.

How did you do that? Is that 6 pounds just from diet?
  • ronakcvr
    ronakcvr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Primarily from Diet and also some exercises. In terms of diet, this was i shoot for
    Breakfast: ~ 300-350 calories ( add carnation nutrition plus to milk)
    Lunch: ~ 500-600 Calories ( e,g meat, rice, turkey burger and greek yogurt)
    Snacks: ~ 350 calories from Boots/Ensure Plus drinks, ~ 200-300 calories from Whey protein shake after workout
    Dinner: ~ 600-800 calories
    Post-dinner: ~150-200 calories from weight watchers ice-cream bar, glass of milk

My daily target is about 2600 calories. Once in while when i dont enough calories eat couple of slices of pizza. I typically rely on healthy food so that i dont put on fat. Working out keeps me alert and makes me feel good too.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Good luck!
  • blancheneige88
    Options
    That's exactly the same problem I had the last time I went on a weight-gain diet.
    This time, I'm doing things differently. I try to eat healthy, and remember all the calorie dense foods so I can eat one with every meal. Then, I supplement with protein shakes. Sometimes, I'll wake up in the middle of the night to drink a protein shake and I feel like I sleep better and I wake up very hungry! I figure my body is always working on digesting food even when I'm asleep and although I rarely weigh myself anymore, I can really feel the weight gain. Try weighing yourself every 5 days at the same time of the day so it remains consistent. Also, I measure my body every few days to see if I'm gaining any mass. It seems to be more consistent than a scale.
  • ChelleyCredible
    ChelleyCredible Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @ronakcvr is right....

I feel like eating is a chore as well...

As far as the weighing goes...I have that habit of weighing too much and driving myself bonkers at all the fluctuations. The weights going up and down thru out the day is normal though. We consume, we burn, we store, we eliminate...so it's bound to happen. You need to remember that change takes time. I know we want to see ourselves going in the right direction but patience really is the key to getting there for this. Weigh yourself once a week and try to rely more on measuring yourself at least once a month. Weighing yourself in the morning seems to be the most accurate way to weigh. I know exactly what you mean about checking in a few minutes and the weight is lost or back up ....like a rollercoaster. But the more we obsess and stress over that, the more we lose. Stress can cause weight gain but in us...it causes weight loss.
  • weightgain9001
    weightgain9001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know these feels.

ive got alarms set throughout the day to remind me to eat. Im constantly hitting 'snooze'. its similar to when you struggle to wake up to an alarm, except this is every 3 hours.

im obsessing about getting on the scales and like you, my weight fluctuates on an hourly basis it seems.

If been at it a month. when i first weighed myself I was 55kg, now im roughly 57kg, but as my weight changes so much, im skeptical (cant stop wondering if that first 55kg measurment was unusually low)

As im starting strength training, my new plan is to ignore the scales and just track my progress in terms of 'how many heavy things can i lift up and put back down'

Hows everyone else getting on with eating?