Anybody on keto?

Options
Anyone from this group on the keto diet from the uk as its normally all Americans I can find on here lol.

Replies

• BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    Whatsa Keto diet please?
  • hermie007
    Options
    A keto diet is made up of mostly fats and protein and very low carbs under 30g a day of carbs. So you trick your body into using fats as an energy source and subsequently your burn yours body's fat as the fuel source.
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    Like Atkins?

It's one of the fads i tried years ago, lost a bunch of weight, looked knackered, was knackered, put the weight back on and more. Its a miserable existence eating less than 100g carbs for me let alone 30!

Then I started training and eating 'clean'. Currently off the wagon a bit due to a few issues but strong arming myself back into it.

You'll lose water and muscle for sure but won't all be fat, and crave everything sweet!

Your ticker says you've lost 40lb, how did you do that? Are you in plateau stage and want to try something new?
  • RoisinKC
    RoisinKC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on it :)
  • bookworm221
    bookworm221 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Not doing keto but I am low carbing - I started on Atkins & have upped my carbs a bit since then but still keep to 50g or less per day.