Heatwave messing with your workouts?!

Options
Phew, by eck, it's 'ot. etc etc.

Has anyone found it harder to drag your already sweaty self to the gym in this humidity?

Replies

• katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym, but home work outs have definitely taken a back seat on hot days!
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nah, just need to don an 80's sweatband!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    insanity is TOUGH in this heat! i ahve never sweat so much in my life!
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    Lifting isn't so bad, anything requiring actual movement - oohya beauty.

I resemble a tomato halfway through!
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym to do an hour of cardio the other day but nearly passed out after 40 mins - I was way redder & sweatier than I normally am when I train!

That said though, I LOVE the heat and could definitely get used to living in this kind've climate!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I workout first thing so the sun's not too high in the sky :laugh:
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've tried early morning and late evening but with no air con at my gym its tough going.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Phew, by eck, it's 'ot. etc etc.

Has anyone found it harder to drag your already sweaty self to the gym in this humidity?

I run outside and do weights at home, what I did notice last night when it was a bit cooler was that my pace was quite a bit faster, so running in the heat has done some good. I noticed similar a few years back in the gulf, when I got back to UK I was much faster than I had been.

The good weather is nice for weight training and yoga in the back garden though
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    My main exercise is walking so with the nice weather I've been doing it more! So worked out quite well for me!
  • markdoutre
    Options
    Far too tempting to have a nice ice cream or sit out in the sun with a cold beer. Especially at weekends when its "shall we have a BBQ?".
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    My main exercise is walking too, and been trying to get out as early morning as possible, or sticking to the shaded places!