If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. 8/3

Options
aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
We all have goals we intend to reach. Mine is to get down to 180. Every day I plan and replan how I'm going to get there. I'm making strides towards that goal, but the moment I stop planning for it things go off the rails. You can't succeed unless you have a plan of how to get there and make adjustments along the way. That's how success works.

So, for me, I'm planning on losing a pound a week. I've mapped it out. I'm just about on track since the beginning of my weight loss back in 30 August, 2012. I've calculated that I should be 180 at the end of April, 2013. It's a goal I feel like I can reach.

So, what's your plan?

Replies

• NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've adjusted my plan a lot since I got on mfp. I don't have a time frame to get to goal as long as I get there. I haven't been doing as well as I should be the past few weeks (family drama, stress, tired, sick).

So my new plan is, start fresh on Monday! Don't eat out as much and work out more. I have from now to Sept 15th to get as close to 175 lbs as I can (short term goal because I'm driving cross country).
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    The best plan I can have right now is to keep doing what I've been doing, even though it's not working. I know that sounds kinda dumb, because why keep doing what isn't working?

Because what I'm doing is not wrong, at least not yet, I need some answers first.

What I've been doing should be working, but there is something going on that I don't know about. I went to an endocrinologist this past week, she has ordered every test under the sun for me, I am working on collecting two of them this weekend, Monday I get the blood draws done and turn in the samples I collected over this weekend. On August 20th I have my follow up appointment, hopefully we will have an answer to this mystery and what I am doing will start working because we will know what's going on. So I figure, changing anything now is not going to do me any good, I might as well stick to what I'm doing because it's not bad for me, even if it's not working, and maybe in a few weeks, it will be working because we'll know what's going on and I will be able to do something to make it work
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I sooooooooooooo agree! Well, my plans are very short term and vague only because the stank old gym I used to belong to with minimal to no classes is suppose to remodel by September and they said they were going to have more classes which you guys know I like. I do like working out on my own but classes are a plus too! I want to keep interval running and walking...Next spring I want to restart 5K races.
    I want to do more classes. This fall/winter I want to cook more condiments....I want to try my own ketchup and jam...but want to wait till then to start.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My goal is short term. My goal right now is doing my first Master Cleans safely, properly and all the way through. I just finished the 5 days of prep, and today I have started the first day of the cleanse. After the 10 days of the cleanse, I will do the "ease back in" portion. For after that, I'm looking into adopting a raw food diet, even if not 100%. Right now I'm reading up on it and collecting information.

14877786.png
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I sooooooooooooo agree! Well, my plans are very short term and vague only because the stank old gym I used to belong to with minimal to no classes is suppose to remodel by September and they said they were going to have more classes which you guys know I like. I do like working out on my own but classes are a plus too! I want to keep interval running and walking...Next spring I want to restart 5K races.
    I want to do more classes. This fall/winter I want to cook more condiments....I want to try my own ketchup and jam...but want to wait till then to start.
    A simple start for condiments, if you want to start now is salad dressing. I make my own vinaigrettes all the time: olive oil, vinegar (there are soooo many types of vinegar that can change the flavor of the dressing) and whatever spices you can find in your cabinet, you can add lemon or lime, mustard, just play around with it. I keep a little glass jar in my cabinet and put everything in the jar and shake it.